Monday, May 9, 2011

The weekend with Mother's Day

Hi,

What a weird weather weekend.  The mornings were dire, with lashing rain and gusts.  The afternoons were lovely, with sunshine.  I even sat at Waikanae Beach, eating an icecream, wearing a t-shirt, at 4pm!

Friday night Toby and I watched Tangled - and we both enjoyed it.  Then Saturday I took Toby swimming and he did quite well.  We then drove up to Waikanae and I went over Paekakariki Hill - for the first time in years.  So long in fact that I was sure I'd taken a wrong turn at one point.  Mike stayed and met the Carpet people to get Toby's new room measured up.

At Waikanae, it was so nice we went to the beach and the boys played for hours.  Lulu also enjoyed herself - she ran herself into a stupor and slept on my lap on the way home.  That could not have been comfortable -  her muzzle was propped up against the window.  We ate icecreams on the beach and I was just wearing a t-shirt at that point.  I spoke to Mum then too, as she had received the hamper we sent for Sunday!  Good timing.  So the weather really was lovely.  Nice sunset.

Aidan cooked a great tea - and we even lured Mike up.  But when he went to get into the wee green car, its battery was flat.  So he stayed home and ate soup.

Sunday was busy.  I got up early to put lunch on and went back to bed to get breakfast.  It was Mother's Day after all.  Toby made me a piece of honey toast and I was amazed that anyone could fit that much honey on a single slice of toast.  Mike left for his day walk - in the lashing rain.  But, as it did yesterday, the weather came right and he had a great day.

The family turned up for lunch and it went very well. It was nice to see everyone and catch up with news.  Andrew used his sabre saw and pulled down a pesky piece of wood for Mike.  Mike was very excited by that when he returned.

After lunch Toby and I went to Ryan's house for an Easter Egg hunt.   Toby did well and he was very happy.  I had to almost drag him out of the house (well, not really, but I could tell he was happy there).

Went home and Toby and I both relaxed before tea.  Very pleasant.  Mike was talkative when he got back and he had a wonderful time.

Phew!  Time for work.  My first 5 day week for ages.  Shocking.

Have a great week!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment