Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Monday with more snow

Hi,

My ride home to collect Toby at 1:30pm was through snow flurries.  How cool.  I worked from home in the afternoon and it all went very well.

However, Mike caught one of the last buses in Wellington last night before they shut the bus system down.  Things were grinding to a halt in the traffic.

Anyhow, thought I'd ride in this morning.  Got to the garage, turned on all my bike lights, thought I could push it through the icy snow up to the bigger road above us before trying to ride when the neighbour asked if I had heard the school was cancelled. 

She had got a text.  I went back inside and Mike and I attempted to confirm this.  Spoke to a parent more hooked in than us (she was on holiday in Fiji - oops) and even she had got a text this morning to say school was closed.  What??

Spoke to Christine.  She was also unaware of any closure but as I talked to her, her husband rang and said school was closed.  An email apparently.  An email we have not received on any of our emails.



Anyhow, I am working from home.  Snow flurries expected this afternoon but it is the ice that looks bad this morning.  Toby has a clam sandpit and the lid has come off in the last week or so and filled with water.  That water is completely frozen.  Weird.

Mike is off to work now by bus (hopefully) and wearing his tramping boots for better purchase on the ice.

Have a great day.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment