Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Tuesday with Cubs - first one for the term

Hi,

After a furious ride home to collect the car, pick up Toby and buy the pizzas for tea, we got to Cubs easily.  We made pumice boats (with sticks for wooden masts and leaves for sails) and had races in a large flat tub with a fan providing wind.  Great fun!

It does make for a late night for us on Tuesday.  Well, for Toby (but me too).  I was asleep by the time Mike came to bed (and I don't imagine he was up late either).  Dead to the world I was.

Toby has school swimming tomorrow - at the Kilbirnie swimming centre.  Seems weird they have this and yet don't have swimming lessons as I remember them when I was a kid.  Wonder why they have done away with swimming lessons?  It used to be such fun, getting in a bus, singing all the way to Forbury School, sloshing through the cold, white disinfectant before you get in the pool.  I remember seeing a school teacher (Mrs McFarlane) leap into the pool fully clothed at one stage to help a pupil.  No idea what was happening to the girl - but it must have scared the teacher!  Maybe that's what did it?

Anyhow - time for a cup of tea.

Have a great day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment