Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The long weekend in sunny Queensland

Hi,

A happy birthday weekend for my family.  Jamie and Cameron (the 1st and the 2nd) and then Abby on the 5th.  What a busy time.

Here is a pic of Toby in the pool at Dunes Court:
Toby braving the cold spa pool

Sunday was Father's Day so we got up and made a scrumptious breakfast for Gramps.  Toby chose a Star Wars Father's Day card so the morning was filled with the sound of a light sabre coming to life.  Very funny. We ate pancakes, bacon, strawberries and bananas covered in maple syrup.
Toby and Gramps watching Wrestling on TV

Then Gramps and Toby went out (they had plans for mini golf but Toby had plans that involved Red Rooster for lunch and back home to play Wii) and Mum and I went out.  I took Mum to Maroochydore and we visited a shopping centre.  She wanted to get a Kindle for Dad for Fathers Day but the Dick Smith at the shopping centre was shut for a few hours as they cleared items just smashed by a lunatic with a crowbar.  So we wandered around drinking iced coffee (it was far too sweet) chatting to strangers (the woman sitting next to us came from Rangiora, just outside Christchurch) and buying bits and pieces.  Eventually we got the Kindle and went home.

Out to collect chinese takeaway that evening from Peregian Beach.  The evening was so warm I was still in a t-shirt and shorts.  Mind you, everyone else was in a jersey, so perhaps it wasn't as warm as I thought.  The food took ages so we wandered down to the beach and I enjoyed the stars in the night sky.  The milky way was very bright and I noticed how high both the southern cross and Scorpius was in the sky.  Went back to get the food and back home to eat.

Monday was another gorgeous day.  We went to a beautiful lunch at Noosa - I had never been there.  It was very touristy - lots of chic shops.  We went to Season and I had a beautiful goats cheese souffle and a very good iced coffee.
My souffle and iced coffee
Toby's iced chocolate and my iced coffee

We paddled in the sea outside the restaurant and I couldn't believe how warm the water was.  So I determined that we would go home and go swimming at Peregian Beach.

At Noosa beach

Back home and into togs and I went to the beach with Mum.  The water was so warm - I really enjoyed jumping the waves.

Mum accidentally gesturing to my gorgeous foot


Jumping the waves
 Then we sat on the beach and enjoyed the sun and the view for a while.  The sign behind us said "Beware of snakes in the dunes area".  Oh yeah.  Australia.  Snakes.  Hahahah.  The salt water dried my hair into an awesome hairdo - lucky I know no one here.

Back home to have a bath (we don't have a bath at home yet so I have had one every day here - reading my Kindle - very luxurious) and then out for tea.  The meal we had at Vanilla in Noosa was amazing.  I had barramundi on mint pea puree with mushrooms and olive tapenade.  Toby had a great chicken nuggets and chips meal that were wee chicken schnitzels.  And Mum and Dad had great looking meals too.

Home to play a trivia game with Mum (don't ask her who won - twice!  Hahahah) and to bed.

Tuesday we're taking it easy at home before wandering back to Brisbane after lunch for our 7pm flight.  Such a short weekend here, but so lovely.  We need to come more often.  I have left bathroom supplies here so I can just jump on a plane and turn up with a supply of t-shirts and shorts in my carry on bag.  Easy.

Back to work tomorrow.  Ooooo.

Love,
Angela





No comments:

Post a Comment