Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Wednesday with tramping club session by Mike

Hi,

I rode to Bowen St carpark yesterday from the client site not far from Te Papa and drove home.  I got dinner ready (good wholesome food because a work seminar told me I can eat my way to resilience and well being if I eat the right food).


Then Toby and I went out to see Mike talking at the tramping club.  He was doing his annual (well, two years in a row makes it annual) family tramping sell and did extremely well.  A few staunch family tramping supporters turned up to help him along.  And Toby has declared he will do the talk next year!  Funny.

We drove home via the petrol station - nice full car for the drive up to the mountain tomorrow evening for me, but a bad day in that we got $100 worth of petrol in the Corolla for the very first time.  I remember quite a few years ago when we first did a $100 fill with our Magna's massive tank, and thought that was terrible times...!  Now our little Corolla costs that to fill.  $2.19 per litre for petrol here right now.

When we got home Mike and I went to bed and watched an episode of Frozen Planet (that David is such a wonderful narrator) before falling asleep. 

My ride in this morning was spectacular - it was 3 degrees when I woke up and the sky was as clear as anything.  I watched the waning moon rise through the punga fronds from my bed.  My hands got cold riding in and my face was a glowing red from the cold air.  But the sunshine was lovely, the roads were dry and I hurtled down the hill.

Busy day at work today.  Let's see what it holds in store, eh?

Have a fantastic day!
Love,
Angela

1 comment: