Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Tuesday with Cubs

Hi,

Oooo - this cold snap is as cold as anything we had through winter.  Well, the end of June was the only other cold weather.  I rode home last night in freezing rain.  Brrrr. 

Cubs was good fun - we had the local fire brigade turn up to chat to us.  They were good natured sorts of chaps.  The Cubs all loved it.  We were short quite a lot of kids because the local schools had something on.  There were no girls at all.  Very odd.

This morning I rode in and froze once more.  The sleety rain and hail has almost left us (I got hailed on riding in this morning briefly) and the cold, strong southerly has dried the roads out.  So my ride in was quite pleasant apart from the biting cold.  And the head wind that meant I had to pedal downhill otherwise I'd stop!  Hahahah.

Busy at work - again.  Work has a seminar on how to de-stress your life but we're all too busy and stressed to attend.  I love it.

I also found out the lodge was full for this weekend and was looking at a Sunday day trip instead.  But then they contacted me to say there was a cancellation and I am in again.  So I am off skiing this weekend and have some space in the car for anyone that wants to come.  Of course, there is no accommodation at the other end.  But you can sleep in the car.  Hahahah. [Mike says: The cancellation probably freed up a couple of bunks, and there may be space in Graduates and Serac lodges next door, so do give us a yell if you're interested.]

Mike and Toby are in Wellington for the Minecraft-fest at our house on Saturday.  Toby has planned a full day and night's fun centred around Minecraft.  He even told me I had to leave my phone behind as a game console.  No was the answer.  Several times, no!

Have a great day!
Love,
Angela 

No comments:

Post a Comment