Monday, September 24, 2012

The weekend that was so much fun I want another one again now

Hi,

Friday night was when the weekend's fun started.  I made dinner for the three of us after we had our dinner with Jack's parents cancelled because his mother was on TV instead.  Fair enough excuse.  We were going to go to John and Vivienne's instead but the three of us felt like veging out completely at home so we cancelled that.  But as we just finished our meal, Vivienne, John and Benjamin arrived due to some miscommunication.  John was all for leaving again but we hadn't seen them for so long (apart from me for the mattress the day before) we convinced them to stay.  We got them Burger Wisconsin and chatted for a while.  great start to the weekend.

Next morning we got up early and finished tidying the house.  It still needs a lot of work but it is mainly tidy now.  And has had a decent clean in most places.  Aidan and the boys arrived at the train station at midday so I popped down to collect them and came home via La Cloche for scrumptious lunch of baguette and desserts (Orangina for me - the taste of France!).

After a bit of catching up I left with Aidan to find a second hand bookshop (specifically Arty Bees) but there was no handy carpark so Aidan suggested Mt Vic lookout.  A wonderful idea as the weather was the most glorious day and we were driving the wee green car with the roof down.  We went via Soi restaurant to show Aidan the location and then ran out of time before our day spa appointment to see Mt Vic.  Off to the East Day Spa for some relaxation.  Aidan's toes look amazing!


Meanwhile Mike had taken the boys and William to see Madagascar 3 in 3D.  I think Mike got the short straw.  He may have preferred my eyebrow torture to that!  Hahahah.

Off to New World to buy ingredients for dinner.  Aidan's plan was to thank Mike for looking after the boys by cooking him an amazing meal.  I think she knows intuitively the way to Mike's heart.  She cooked up a yummy Mexican banquet for about twelve people (she must understand that side of Mike's stomach too).  We were full!  Below is the groaning table and Aidan showing off her toes.



The boys went to bed and we watched Salmon Fishing in the Yemen.  Apparently the book finishes different.  I think I prefer the book ending where he doesn't get the girl.  But it was okay.

Up early the next morning.  Duncan and Emerson don't know how to sleep in.  Off to Drexels for breakfast and Mike has found a new favourite place to eat I think.

I drove the Tabors home via Plimmerton beach (just a drive by) and Pukerua Bay beach (enough time to play and for Duncan and Emerson to bury each other in sand.




Then off to Waikanae to drop them home.  A great drive back with the music considerably louder - and my volume turned up too.  A relaxing afternoon reading in the baking hot sun followed by another beach walk with Christine as I heard about her life and its ups and downs.  She needs a new job!

Home to eat leftover Mexican food for tea and to bed.  Phew!  Great weekend.  Can I do it all again now?

The sun is still shining.  When it's like this, you can't imagine it ever being cold here.  Toby's last week of school term.  Woo hoo!

I rode in with Mike this morning and had a great time!  Fast!

Have a marvellous week!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment