Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Wednesday with quiz night at work

Hi,

Mike had to go home early to chat to the plumber and settle Benjamin in for the evening with Toby.  Then he drove back into town for our work's quiz night.  If not for our first round failure of three out of ten (it was a hard geography round - the highest anyone got was four correct) we might have won.  We came third and only by about 4 points or so.  It was such a laugh.  Our team was by far the loudest table and I think it may have been in direct proportion to the amount of alcohol consumed by some members of our team.  But they were all very funny and jolly.  I had a lot of fun!

It made for a late night.  I hope Benjamin didn't mind too much.  Toby was still cheekily reading at 10.30pm!  Yet he was up bright and early this morning suffering no ill effects.  Unlike me and Mike.  The lack of sleep and my full admission this morning that I have a full blown cold means I am feeling a little bit under the weather.  Hahahah.

But the good news is:  my mother is coming to see us.  She arrives Oct 6th (at midnight) and departs Oct 21st.  So we have to all have family get-togethers and dinners so she can catch up with everyone.  I am very happy.  She hasn't been back here since they left in March last year.  Mind you, it's a shame the bathroom hasn't quite finished.  But because Aidan was in the spare room last weekend, that room is all ready to go.

And Andrew and I are heading to Turoa (at Mt Ruapehu) this Saturday for a day ski trip!  Woo hoo!  The conditions are looking great for Saturday up there.  I have another friend that lives not far from us in Wadestown to take along with us too.  It's going to be fun!

I am away tomorrow with work.  Down in Christchurch.  Back up in the evening.  I hope talking in an all day workshop goes okay with my cold.

Have a marvellous day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment