Monday, September 17, 2012

The weekend with skiing for Angela and party for Mike and Toby

Hi,

I left work at 5pm and drove Josh home and stayed for tea.  Nice pizza - ta.  Then off to Whakapapa by myself, singing merrily nearly the entire way.  What a great evening.  The sky was clear most of the way until I got close to National Park where a light misty rain started.  I drove up a bone dry road and found a car park on the back road that I could nose into.  The snow wasn't too deep here, unlike the main overnight carpark that was full of deep snow.  I was unsure if I could get out easily on Sunday. 

Off up to the lodge and tapped on the window of the lounge because I had forgotten the access code.  Chatted for a bit and then to bed.  Brian and Jan were up for a few weeks so it is always nice to catch up with them.

Next morning I got ready to ski and had a few runs on the Waterfall quad before catching up with Amy and Martin (from last weekend).  Then we skied the waterfall t-bar.  No idea at all what that run is like because the conditions were so poor, I could not see anything.  Constantly getting lost and everyone helping each other find the route.  It was so ludicrous to be skiing it was funny and fun!  Martin went back in because he has a dodgy knee and you need to absorb all manner of bumps unexpectedly in those conditions.  Especially one chap we saw that never saw the huge snowy cliff in front of him and face planted into it.  He was okay.

Skied for most of the day before retiring to read in bed for a bit.  Then dinner and an early bed (more reading).  Sunday's weather was pants.  Driving rain.  Yuck.  Loads of stuck cars int he car park.  I helped dig out Amy and Martin's car.  Then tidied up and left with Ilske.  Turns out my car park was choice as I got out with a tiny amount of wheel spin.  Off down the mountain to collect toys left behind at the Forest and Bird lodge last weekend and then off to Waikanae to collect Mike and Toby.

They had a great weekend in Wellington - but I think they should tell you all about that!

Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment