Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Monday with me working alone

Hi,

My boys had a relaxing day at home.  I know this because the house looked pretty much the same as it did when I left in the morning, apart from having less food in the pantry.  Hahahah.  I'm not going to complain.  Mike did come and pick me up when it hosed down at 5pm.

I took my bike in yesterday for an assessment before its service tomorrow.  They reckon it might cost me $450 to get it serviced.  I am a bit perplexed given it is only 18 months old and for the cost of two services like that I could buy a new one the same.  Sigh.  Decisions, decisions.  I do like my bike and it runs well.  I don't want it to fall apart on me.  But why pay half its price in services every 18 months when I could throw it away after three years and buy another one?  And this irritates me because my last bike went for 18 years and I never so much as changed its chain in all that time!  Nothing!  I put better brakes on it and that's all.  I'm thinking I might go back to commuting on my old bike and keep my new (ish) mountain bike for touring and exploring mountain bike tracks and my road bike for long road rides.

I think this is worthy of a protracted discussion with Andrew.

Anyhow, we got home and Mike cooked up a nice tea (leftovers from Saturday night) and we had a bath.  On Sunday night I had chatted with Janne about relationships and she mentioned she and Aidan had annual reviews of their relationship.  They compared goals, aspirations, likes, dislikes.  So Mike and I started it in the bath last night.  Turns out I am the perfect wife.  Mike couldn't think of anything that I did that irritated him.  Hahahah!  Who is the deluded one?  Not me!  He said he'd think about it and collate anything for the next annual review.  Jeepers, it might be four pages long by then!  We have a few things to try and implement within the next week to sort out annoying things (Mike wants us to budget - uh oh.  I said give me a plan and I'll stick to it!).  Mike also wants monthly assessments on the status of the items to instigate for the coming year.  My goodness, this is going to be huge!  :-p  Either that or he thinks he will collate my annoying habits and it might be best to heap them on me monthly rather than have 30 all at once next May!

What fun, eh?  Mike is very amusing to have around.  I'm pretty lucky!

Had a nice dry ride in - makes the front brakes work a little better.  Will try and ride home the long way tonight.  I bought a nice wee front light for my road bike yesterday.  I don't have a lot of handlebar space on the road bike and this wee aluminium machined LED light fits nicely and is out of the way for riding.  Also light and did I mentioned little? Here is the link to the website for it:  Femto front light  So now I can ride the road bike in and out when I want to try a long ride home.  Choice!

Work on the deck has started.  Wilf and Mike are there, poking around at the weatherboards.  Bit scary.

Have a wonderful day.  Mike and Toby meet Mike's parents today off the plane.  And Toby gets a haircut.  He will look even more handsome than normal after that!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment