Monday, April 22, 2013

The weekend in Wellington

Hi,

Friday night was such fun - we all went around to Sally and Andrew's house and looked at photos and watched a slide show that Vivienne had collated.  We also ate yummy fish 'n' chips.  Any night where you don't have to cook is a good night.

We decided to pitch the tent and sleep in their back yard.  Just as Toby and I crawled into our sleeping bags it started raining.  And never really stopped all weekend.  But with no wind, the rain came down vertically.  Always a welcome sight in Wellington - well, to my eyes at any rate.

Mike got up early (ish) and went to get McDonalds for breakfast and we toddled off home via the supermarket.  We prepared dinner and then tidied up.  As much as I could be bothered.

Then around 4pm the Tabors arrived and Emerson and Duncan nipped downstairs and we hardly saw any of the boys.  We chatted to Aidan and Josh before Mike went out to get Liz.  Sally and Andrew arrived and the dinner was served.

What a lovely evening.  There was discussion about books (ta for cleaning up my Kindle, Aidan) and I have a list of recommended books to track down.  I heard political intrigue discussed.  The finer points of beer.  All manner of things.

Eventually it was time to drop Liz off home and come back to bed.  Slept like a log.  Next morning was demolition time. Toby loved it.

Take that!

Then I was off to meet Liz for an iced coffee at Joe's Garage.  Sllluuurrrrpppp!

Mmmmmmmm

Iced coffee - with none of the good stuff
Liz had them make her an iced coffee American style.  Yucky.  Hahahah.  Where was her chocolate fish then?

We then went to see a Film Festival movie.  From Up on Poppy Hill  I loved it!  A Japanese anime movie.  A sweet love story.  Cute film.

Then Mike collected me and we had a great family dinner at Sally and Andrew's place.  A huge family affair as Peter and his family were down.  We don't see them that much!  I chatted to Janne for ages.

Home to bed.

It was hard to get up this morning because Mike and Toby are in bed still.  Well, they did get up.  Mike has two days off to look after Toby.  I rode into iRide for my bike assessment before its service on Wednesday. Ouch!  It's going to hurt the back pocket.

Have a wonderful day.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment