Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Monday with nothing

Hi,

Mike and I split our resources after work.  He drove to collect my bike from its service (and despite the cost, my bike is purring like a beautiful purring thing) and I went to the supermarket to get groceries.

We have a budget for things now.  It is still fledgling, but I only have a limited amount of money to spend per week on groceries before we eat nothing but rice.  Lucky we like rice.  I came in well under my limit so I have a bit left up my sleeve for the rest of the week should I find out (highly likely) that I have forgotten some crucial groceries.

Mike collected me and we went home and cooked tea.  Scrumptious even if I say so myself.  Steak (rare for the younger Gilberts and horribly ruined for the older Gilberts - but they seemed happy), fresh salsa, salad.  I forgot the carbo component.  Oops.  We ate cheese and bread afterwards to compensate.  Made lunches for me and Mike with the leftovers.

Rode my newly serviced bike into town this morning.  Such a nice dry ride in.  And I went so fast because I can stop again now!  The sheer, unbridled joy of stopping power!  Love it!  Well, perhaps the joy isn't really at stopping, but the bit that comes just before that involving going fast down a hill again!  It has been too long.

Our deck is coming along!  We need photos of it.  It has the skeleton formed outside our bedroom now.  We can see how wide it is there.  And I can still loads of stars from the bed, so it's okay!  It's going to be great.  Despite the necessity for lots of rice eating to pay for it.  :-p

Have a wonderful day.  It is my last day in my current job - I have accepted a position upstairs for a while.  A secondment to the support services.  Should keep me out of mischief until the end of November.  Same job title and everything, just a different workload.  Different scenery.  Different people to work with.  I'll miss these guys here though.  What a nice bunch!  I hope they still call me for the odd cup of tea.

Mike's parents are doing a fabulous job with Toby.  He loves their company.  Yesterday Mike dropped them in Karori and they discovered the school holiday programme starts today instead.  So they walked back home.  Good on them!  Great walk for Toby.  Today Mike is dropping them off again and hopefully he is riding in from there.  That might mean a nice ride home today with him!  That'd be nice.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment