Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Easter at home

Hi,

Happy birthday to Mike's Dad today!  Woo hoo!

I'll never remember what we got up to.  But here goes.  Good Friday was a pleasant relaxing day at home.  We mucked around - I did some half-hearted cleaning.  Well, actually, all my cleaning is half-hearted, so I'm not sure it was any different to normal.  Then I finally gathered enough energy to hop on my bike and ride to Sally and Andrew's place via the bottom of Haywards.  Mike and Toby drove there with the tent.  I rode 35 kms and got to their house in time for a good chat with others.  Iona and Col were there because they were heading to the airport bright and early for their Tasmanian holiday!

Vivienne, John and Benjamin came too, as did Helen and Ron.  So it was a good family affair.  Great BBQ outside and yummy food (as usual).  We eventually pitched the tent and fell into a coma.

I was up early-ish and rode my bike from there to Waikanae over the Akatarawa Road (through Upper Hutt).  I got a little lost riding to Upper Hutt - I meant to get on SH2 and ride up there, but I missed a bridge and ended up riding up the river trail and through the centre of Upper Hutt.  Anyhow, it took me 3.5 hours to do the 60 kms to Waikanae.  I need to get faster - and I might be addicted to it!

I relaxed at the Tabor house on my own,m chilling out in their porch.  Aidan rang and gave me permission to use their key and go inside.  I made a nice cup of tea.  Eventually everyone got home and Mike and Toby drove up.  Aidan even kindly fed me a yummy lunch (her tuna mayo is spectacular!).  We went for a ride in the afternoon with them.



Then Mike and Toby and I bundled into the car and went to the beach for fish n chips.  William was playing at the park so he caught up with Toby briefly.  After chippies, we drove home and crashed into bed.

Easter Sunday we were up eventually and pulled on some clothes so we could roll eggs down the hill before scoffing them.

Egg rolling done right
Toby bowling his egg

Mike's egg is a bunny and in a bucket so it can roll - sort of
Toby got to go swimming with his friend Akash in the afternoon.  When they got home, they had an Easter Egg hunt inside because the weather was quite yucky.  A bit of rain finally.  Sunday evening we spent at Vivienne and John's house and had a cracking roast pork dinner.  The starter soup was very spicy broccoli soup but Toby ate it just fine.  I think he is getting a great tolerance for spice.  Time to up the levels on our food!  Sally popped in to join us and we all had a great chat into the evening.  Until I fell into a coma on the couch!

Monday we were up early and away for breakfast at Maccas at Paraparaumu.  Mike and Toby ate breakfast and when they went back for seconds, it was normal menu so they ate burgers for follow ups.  Toby ate a bacon and egg muffin, pancakes, and two chicken cheese burgers.  He has holes in his legs at the moment.

We arrived at the Tabor house to find Aidan chatting to her father (a quick hello/goodbye from us) and then we dropped Mike and Toby at the Scout den and Aidan and I raced off to see The Host.  Aidan snacked on sushi before the movie.  She was so funny - she hid the sushi in her jersey to get i in.  And then wouldn't start it until the lights went out for fear of discovery.  Turns out the sushi wasn't great - but eating in the dark might not have been the best option.  Made me laugh.  I enjoyed the movie - thought it did quite well trying to capture the book.  Aidan loves the book to bits and the movie didn't quite live up to her expectations.  But she thought it was okay.

Back to her house and off to Otaki for sneakers for the kids.  On the way back, Aidan and the boys and I stopped off at the apple Pick Your Own place and we had a ball.  Got loads of apples and chillies.

Toby loved picking apples

Down the jalapeno row
Back home and an awesome dinner.  Huge yummy burgers (thanks Josh) and an awesome apple crumble (thanks Aidan).

Mike and I left Toby in their capable hands and drove back home.  Mike had enjoyed his conversation with Aidan immensely.  He was buzzing and singing loudly on the way home.

We're going to see them tonight when we collect Toby.

Have a great week!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment