Monday, April 8, 2013

The weekend with tramping for the boys and lots of reading for me

Hi,

The boys left early on Saturday morning after a Friday night movie (Jurassic Park 2) and I left to get the wee green car warranted.  Oh, no.  Hold on.  I didn't.  It failed due to wonky headlights.  Yes, I know.  The same issue as the Corolla.  How many wonky headlights can our cars possibly have?  Now we have to sort out taking it in to get it fixed.

I went home and read.  Actually, I think that sums up the rest of the weekend for me.  I read a Young Adult lovey dovey story called "Slammed" which has made me swear off soppy books for a while.  I finished reading a Sookie Stackhouse book, a No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency book and started the first book in ages that I don't want to put down.  It's called Alaskan Fire (Guardians of the First Realm) and I am loving it!  Yay for fantasy.  Boo for soppy stories that make you cry.

Tried out a bath bomb from Lush in the evening.  The bubbles get quite thick in a spa bath!  It was fun and combined with reading; several hours did pass.  Our spa bath also heats water, don't you know!  Hahahah.

Up early Sunday to go to the market with Vivienne.  We had a great time wandering around with Ramble - my first time in the under cover market under the apartment buildings down near Waitangi Park.  Yummy stuff there.

Our concrete slab is all done now.  It looks great.  The deck is going to start any day now.  Yikes!
Slab from the side - Mike doing his male model impersonation

Toby back from tramping - he jumped straight in the bath (using his new carrot bubble stuff from Lush)
Andrew had an amazing weekend cycling in the top of the South Island.  Speaking of which, I have made a submission to LINZ for its official name change.  I support two official names for it.  South Island and Te Waipounamu.  I'm heading there with Andrew this coming weekend.  Cool fun!

Forgot to mention I passed the exam on Friday.  Yay!  Maybe that will put off the calls for me to do an exam for a while.  I am hopeful.  I hope they don't see that as an admission that I can pass them and I should do more.  Hahahah.

Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment