Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Monday with us back at work

Hi,

Mike was easing himself into it.  I was all fired up and ready to go.  So much so that my manager told me to not be so enthusiastic and she would be happy to have meetings tomorrow, but she needed time to get used to the work concept once more.  Hahahahah.

Yesterday was lovely here.  But it was short lived and today seems just as dodgy as the previous weather this summer.  Warm, but wet.  Although I did make it into work completely dry.  But going home tonight might be a different story.

I caught up briefly with Aidan on her way back from a lunch time run.  Good on her!  And it was a super day for it.

I collected Toby from his school holiday programme.  Well, he started walking to work and I started walking to him and we met on Lambton Quay.  I was surprised to find him wearing my t-shirt.  And my favourite one at the moment too!  Cheeky monkey.

Toby in MY t-shirt!


Mike took Toby home on the bus and I rode home up Ngauranga Gorge.  First time that way in a month and the first decent ride home for two weeks.  I felt it.  So now I am doing it as often as I can get away with it.  Tonight.  In the driving rain, even!

I got home and Mike almost had tea ready.  It was very nice.  Soft tacos.  They seem a compromise between me and Toby loving hard tacos and Mike loving burritos.  Perfect.

I went to the park with Toby and we played on the swings for a while before heading home for a bath and then bed.

Time for a cup of tea and then get stuck in!

Have a marvellous day.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment