Friday, January 17, 2014

The Thursday with haircuts, bikes and packing

Hi,

What a mad, mad day.  But the end of the working day eventually came (as it always does) and Mike went to his haircut and I rode my bike home.  I was supposed to put both bikes in the car and drive out to Sally and Andrew's place.  Our new bike mechanic lives just around the corner from them.

But when I got home, I couldn't find the car keys.  Mike had them.  So I went to collect Mike in the wee green car after his haircut (yes, he does look gorgeous) and then we swapped to the big car and loaded the bikes in.  Took the bikes to the mechanic and I am so excited.  I can't wait to get my road bike back and go for a long ride!

Around to Sally and Andrew's for tea (fish n chips - haven't had that for months and months!) and to help Andrew pack for his race.

It's all got to be carried on his bike - for 1200 km - off road!

What a fun evening.  They are now in the South Island, having caught some midnight ferry.  Good luck, Andrew!  I think we can track his progress with a locator beacon thing he gets to carry.  I'll let you know.

Busy weekend.  Drinks for a friend that got married last weekend.  Tramping with Mike tomorrow.  Bike collecting (if I'm lucky) and a bike ride on Monday.

Have a lovely weekend.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment