Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Wednesday with tramping club

Hi,

Mike and I rode home last night and Mike cooked tea before we headed out to the tramping club night.  I ended up on door duty, greeting everyone as they came in and trying to ensnare any newbies with my charm.  Great job for someone that is shy.  Oh well.  It was okay.

The talk was interesting, but did go on for quite a while.  A young woman has taken up alpine climbing after doing the snow craft course with Mike 5 years ago.  But while Mike went on to get super familiar with his couch, she pushed on to do alpine courses.  And now she has summitted Mt Cook/Aoraki.  The photos will brilliant and if I was 20 years younger, I would have been inspired to do it too!

We nipped out to see Sally and Andrew's house to make sure everything looked fine after the earthquake on Monday.  Apparently Sally spoke to someone out her way that had windows broken by it.  But it was all good there.  The evening was amazing - a big front was rolling in over the dusky night sky and Jupiter was trying vainly to shine through the cloud layers.  It looked stunning.

Back home and I was asleep pretty fast.  The ride in this morning was fun because it is finally sunny again.  Lovely weather - but a strong wind still.

I think I might be heading out to Petone at 4pm today to try and collect the wee green car.  We shall see.

Have a wonderful day.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment