Friday, January 24, 2014

The Thursday with impromptu pub

Hi,

Not a bad day, although busy.  I left work at 3.30pm to catch a train to Petone to collect the wee green car.  Hardly a trial as the day was superb.  Blue skies, not too windy (for Wellington).  The new back windscreen is great and I loved the drive back.  I got back to my desk and Aidan called so I nipped out to drop her home and collect a few things off her.  Nice diversion before back to work to finish for the day.

Then everyone was obviously needing diversions themselves because an impromptu pub session was called.  We sat there for quite a few hours, talking rubbish.  Then Ange realised she had her car in town and had been drinking (she usually catches the bus) so we made slightly complicated arrangements to take her home.  First I drove her to her car in the car park and I moved it onto the street for her.  Then I drove her home, passing Mike who started walking.

Dropped Ange off and came back for Mike.  Picked him up, bumped into our neighbour on the way home and crashed into bed.

Mike is off tramping today after work and might be back Saturday evening, or Sunday lunchtime.  No need for alarm until 6pm Sunday.  He has a PLB anyway.  I have the Saturday to myself.  I will do a bike ride and then tidy up before settling down for some serious reading.

Andrew is set to finish his race today.  Two days before he needed to.  Amazing effort.  He is incredible.

Have a lovely weekend.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment