Monday, October 19, 2015

The weekend back at home - for me and Toby

Hi,

Well, Mike got away for his tramp to the top of the South Island ok.  I got to my social work function and Mike's mother got to Toby and took him home.  It all went very well.

I played pool and was by no means the worst player there.  One on my team got worse the more alcohol she consumed.  She couldn't hit the white ball by the end of it.  But I just heard that our team won the evening competition.  Too funny.  Apparently other teams lost more than us.  Which is slightly different from winning.

Aidan picked me up when I was done from Te Papa and took me home.  I got to see her new car.  I have car envy.  She has a huge RAV4.  Black.  And I read the car manual as she drove me home, and we found how to engage the 4WD.  I am totally borrowing her car for ski trips next season.

Toby and I slept in the next morning.  I stayed in bed and read.  Lots.  Eventually I had to go out and start some housework.  Then I drove Mike's mother home and picked up new pillows from Harvey Norman.  I got home and they rang, saying they had undercharged me.  I was going back to Lower Hutt with Toby for some shopping so I sorted it out then.

We bought his stuff for Halloween and some munchies for a movie at home and came home and read until movie time.  We watched a dumb, dumb movie.  Dreadful.  I can't even remember its name.  About kids in a Monster club and monsters come and they do battle.  It was awful.

Went to bed and I read for a bit.  Then Mike helpfully rang at 7am from a DoC hut saying he only had a landline and it was only used for emergencies.  So I panicked.  No need!  He wanted the rugby scores!  Doh!  And the rugby wasn't on for another hour.

So I "watched" the rugby on my phone with a live commentary.  What a game!  Hahahah!  And in fact, I saw the result showing Scotland almost made it to the semis.  Those Aussies snuck out of jail there!

Sunday was lazy.  But I did finish our bedroom decluttering exercise I started with Mike's mother.  Yay!

Mike got home really late.  Ferry was delayed due to high winds and big swells.  Yuck.  And then it was morning.  Groan.

But today is stunning.  And I start archery lessons today!  Woot!

Sunday activities

Toby's Halloween costume is coming together

Jo lines up a shot

I got an iced coffee on Friday


Have a wonderful day.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment