Monday, September 12, 2016

The weekend back in Wellington

Hi,

Last Auckland airport selfie - with Iona's finger.  I look like I have been travelling for 35 hours!

An iced coffee at Auckland airport


Wow - my boys are amazing.  After meeting me at Wellington airport and whooshing me home, I discovered they had organised a professional cleaner to come in and completely clean the house.  It was like stepping into a new house.  They are both marvellous.

I unpacked my dirty, messy stuff and presented a few wee presents to Toby from my Japan visit.  He got some Halloween stuff as it was just gearing up fro Halloween there.  And some weird food - Death Sauce chips being one of the things.  Yikes!

Mike started my laundry and we looked at photos and I chatted non stop.  I had missed them both a lot.

We had a yummy dinner and then went grocery shopping together.  When we got home, Mike and I had a bath together and then I climbed into bed.  What a weird feeling after being away on two weeks.  The bed felt really soft and spongy.  And my flat pillow was like heaven after the lumpy Japanese ones.

I was asleep in seconds.  I knew I would be - as my head hit the pillow I knew I couldn't even read.  I snuggled up to Mike and next thing it was morning!

Mike has scheduled more Japan blog posts to come out over the next few days.  And I haven't quite finished the whole account yet.

But, let's just say Japan is a must see destination and I can't wait to take Mike and Toby there.  My travelling companions were so much fun.  Iona and Col - I would go anywhere with you.  The country was beautiful, with charming people and lovely scenery.  The guides on our tour were great ambassadors for their country.  The food was fabulous.  There were no low points at all.

Thank you to Mike and Toby for letting me go and play for 2 weeks.  :-)  Love you.

Now - time to read my emails and catch up with events at work.  Enjoy your week!

My monitor at work was decorated with "Welcome back".  Chuffed!


Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment