Monday, September 19, 2016

The weekend in Wellington

Hi,

What a busy weekend, despite the Wellington location.  Saturday morning was quiet and I was pretty lazy.  Eventually got out of bed only to laze around in the lounge.  The weather was pretty awful.  Rain constantly.

I left just after 3pm to collect Andrew and we drove up to Palmerston North to meet Col and watch the rugby.  The road was flooded between Pauatahanui and SH1 with two streams flowing over the road.

Anyway, I talked non stop about Japan.  Poor Andrew now knows more than he ever wanted to know about our trip to Japan.  It was nice to have a captive audience.  Hahahah.

We got to a nice cafe in PN and I had an iced coffee with Andrew.  Mine never even touched the sides so I lined up for another one.
Iced coffee #1


Col and her friends (Shelly and Pat) met us after their local team played Canterbury (and won!) and we went to the Lone Star and pretty much had the TV to ourselves.  Happy with that.  Quiet.

Blurry rugby watching selfie

Andrew and I dropped Col at home and headed back.  My driving was not fun.  Rain the whole way and I wasn't terribly relaxed.  Eventually I was on familiar roads nearer to Wellington and got home after dropping Andrew off just after midnight.  Read for a bit and was fast asleep by 1.15am.

Sunday was also rainy.  Yep.  But we went to visit Jo to check out her new house and have lunch.  She has a great place in Kilbirnie and she whipped up bacon and egg pie and Toby loved it.  I need to make it now.  Rex was there too - and we enjoyed a Rooibos after lunch.

Mmmmm....  Rooibos.  I need one now.

From there we did some messages in town then headed home.  Toby was ensconced so we left him there and went to visit Sally and Andrew.  Showed them photos of Japan and I enjoyed the blossom in their backyard.

Another selfie showing the blossom in Lower Hutt in Sally's backyard


We walked down to the pipe bridge to check out the river and Andrew collected us and we picked up some Indian takeaways and went back to scoff it all.
Selfie showing the Hutt River in flood
Back home after organising our Timber Trail weekend.  Woot!

Time to find that Rooibos now.  Mmmmm.  Bit rainy still, but not as bad as it was.  My run in was dry.

I saw pics of Michael swimming at Grandy's house.  Wow!  He is so big now.

Have a brilliant week!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment