Tuesday, May 23, 2017

The Monday with Toby at hospital

Hi,

Well, at midday I got a text from Toby saying his PE teacher thinks he has a broken thumb.  That escalated into Toby going to A&E and me cancelling work stuff to go and meet him there.

Work was crazy too - loads of issues.  So I delegated a bit and met Mike (he had the car) and then drove to the hospital.  I eventually found a park underneath the hospital and found Toby in the emergency department.  I got to him around 2pm I guess.  He'd been there since 1pm.

I wasn't there long (long enough to eat my lunch) before they called us into the minor treatment area of the ED.  We got X-rays pretty quick and the nurse was fascinated with Toby's bendy joints.

There was a young chap in the bed to next ours that seemed to be a builder of some sort and had a sore hand.  I heard his name at one stage, but thought nothing of it.  But when they took us up to the ortho clinic, he came with us.  And as the ortho receptionist asked for his papers, she said his name.  Corey Smith.  And it still didn't register.

Toby and I settled into the busy waiting room.  And I am slightly mortified to admit that we both fell asleep on the hard chairs.  People must have been astonished.

Anyway, I jerked awake and 1 minute later Tim walked past.  Tim is Isaac's father and an ortho surgeon.  And on-call.  A few words later and we got seen by Carl the registrar and Toby got a splint on his thumb and an appointment in a week.

As we were leaving, a scooter hurtled out past us and Toby said it was the young guy with us.  Then I realised that it was Fran's son!  I can't believe I didn't put two and two together until we were leaving.  I blame stress over Toby for my lack of brain power.

Anyway, I cooked tea when we got home.  Fish.  Mmmmmm.

Fish with pea smash

Busy day chasing up stuff ahead.  I hope Toby is ok at school.

Have a brilliant day!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment