Monday, May 15, 2017

The weekend with Eurovision - and mothers day

Hi,

Happy birthday Benjamin.


A cafe affogato - I think.  Good 6.5
What a crazy weekend.  Hahah!  Saturday saw Mike and I out and about running some messages.  I think we got a few done.  Then we sat in a local cafe and tried their coffees.  It's the wee one that used to be French by the chippie coming up the main hill into Wadestown.    Mike wants to keep it in business.

While I was grocery shopping, I was at the milk section and had just run my hand through my hair (I desperately need a haircut) when a wee girl stopped, looked up at me and gasped out loud.  I really wondered what I had just done to my hair!  It must have looked scary to make wee girls gasp like that.  I took off down an aisle, pushing my trolley.

But she decided to run after me and came to a stop right next to me and stood, staring.  So I said hello.  As you do.  She said "Is your name Angela?".  Well, that was surprising.  But then I realised she must have been in the group of 50 kids I spoke to at the side school last week.  So I asked if she saw me there.  She nodded.  And I asked her if she'd talked to her parents about science stuff.  She nodded again.  So I thanked her for coming to say hello.

Towards the evening I went out to meet Celia, James, the wee girls, Gemma and her family and Jen to wander around some of the Lux installations on the waterfront.  Gemma locked me in on the footpath with my name in chalk under a UV light.  So I took a photo - and included my feet!

UV chalk!


We ate at the food stalls - I had some nice meatballs.  Andrew joined us and he tried the Indonesian food van - quite good.  Andrew and I wandered off to see Alien Covenant.  Which was nowhere as scary as I thought it would be.

When I got home, I stupidly read until 4am.  Groan.  It made the 7am wake up for Eurovision a bit tough on me.

But, I was soon ensconced in lounge, on the floor, wrapped in my duvet.  And taking photos of the TV to show off the awesomeness that is Eurovision.

A man with a horse head - on a ladder!

Mad fans!

Turns out the residents of our house are not in tune (hah!) with European tastes in music in the slightest.  We placed the eventual winner somewhere near the bottom.  We're all mystified.  Why didn't the Romanian rappers-meet-yodelers get higher up the ladder?  Toby was quite upset at the result.  The horse head act I enjoyed got a middle of the table score.


Anyway, Sarah came around to watch the last half with us.  And I got pyjamas for Mothers Day (along with a present on order).  The pj bottoms have Tim Tams on them.  Very happy.

Mike had a migraine after the awful news that Portugal won.

Right.  Time for the day to kick off.  It is very busy looking.

Have a fantastic day.  We're off to see Benjamin for his birthday today.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment