Friday, December 15, 2017

The Thursday with more sunshine

Hi,

After another lovely day in Wellington (albeit slightly cooler with a southerly) I got home and stood surveying the work the builders have done.  Didn't see any progress for Thursday.  Shame.  As I looked at the pile of washing, I heard some weird sounds.  Looking around for the source, I discovered drips from the unfinished roof from the rain the previous night onto our carpet. 

The builders had laid fresh rimu floorboards and left them unprotected where everyone walks over them.  So Mike dragged our carpet from the lounge to protect them.  And now their unfinished roof work was letting rain leak over the unvarnished rimu.  Dorks.  I had to remove the wet carpet and put down buckets to collect the drips.  Goodness knows how wet it is elsewhere in our roofspace.


Buckets catching water from the night before's rain


Anyway, after a grumpy message on the builders voicemail, I made dinner for Toby.  Sushi.  Although my seaweed sheets weren't as fresh as they could be and he didn't enjoy them as much, it made him mostly happy.

I made sushi

Mike got home late after Christmas drinks for work.  And I was basically asleep already.  I think I remember him actually coming to bed.  But only just.

Nice morning again today.  Took the bus in with Mike and the day is set to stun once more.  Mike has a beer tramp this weekend, and Toby and I are off to Palmerston North to visit Iona and Col and say goodbye to their house. 

Have an awesome day.

Love,
Angela




No comments:

Post a Comment