Monday, December 4, 2017

The weekend with Christmas party and camping

Hi,

Happy birthday to wee Tyler.

What a weird weekend - my work Christmas party and Mike and Toby off camping.  Anyway, let's see.  Mike got home at a fairly reasonable hour after flying in from Auckland, Ubering to Doro's place, taking her and Zoey for a walk and bringing the car back.  Woot!


My BBQ dinner

Before the steak went on

The next day was a slow start - but Mike and Toby eventually left the house around 2pm for their camping trip.  Hahahah.  They decided to sleep in the car.  Hmmmm.

Meanwhile, I knew I would likely pike from the Christmas party without Mike to cajole me along.  So I arranged for Mary and Campbell to collect me.  Worked a treat because I was seriously happy to stay home.

We got in early and enjoyed the atmosphere.  80s theme.  Music from my teenage years and very pleased to have moved on from most of that.  Hahahah.  Nice finger food.

Celia won the most coveted award of the night - and fully deserves it.  Good on her.  As a wider team, we actually did very well.  Woot!

Mary and her husband left just after 10pm and I took the ride home.  Relaxed in bed and up late the next day.  Mike and Toby got back around 11am or so.  Then it was time to take Toby to the Thorndon fair - we walked down, and wandered around.  Went to New World, and Mike drove in to get us.

Then Toby and I went out to find our tree.  The Christmas tree folks said we chose the tree the fastest of anyone.  Toby knows the tree that speaks to him immediately.  We got it home and decorated.

Big tree, but even bigger Toby - he barely needs to reach


He made this so many years ago!

We then had an awesome BBQ - thanks Mike.  And I enjoyed a bath.  I may have put Taylor Swift on, and sung my little heart out.  Toby was just the other side of the bath door, playing a computer game.  Eventually I wondered where Mike was, and shouted out to Toby several times to get him.  Nothing happened.  I continued singing.

Anyway, her new song, called something like "Look what you made me do" has some tricky lyrics where she changes her phrasing.  So I was closing my eyes, mostly submerged under the bubbly bath bomb surface, concentrating on getting the lyrics right.  When I opened my eyes, Mike was standing in the doorway and gave me a huge fright.  I slipped further under the surface, with legs shooting into the air, collecting on the tapware as they flailed.  I have two bruises now.

Mike reckons his and Toby's ears were bruised from my singing, so it was fair.  Apparently once I started singing, Toby stopped playing his game and went upstairs.  No wonder nothing happened when I yelled at him.

Did I show you this?

Anyway - the roof has progressed.  It's still open to the elements.  I heard rats running around last night.  They must think they are living in a tent. 

Anyway, tonight we have the Paekakariki escarpment walk after work.  That should be lovely.

And tomorrow Mike and I have been together for 25 years - and married for 18 of them.  Wow.  Our marriage is now an adult.

Have a brilliant week.  I have tomorrow off - 25 years seems worthy of a day off with Mike.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment