Monday, December 18, 2017

The weekend in Palmerston North for a house colling

Hi,

What a lovely weekend - but as my shorts didn't have a pocket, I never had my phone with me almost the entire weekend.  And hence, there are next to no photos.  Doh!


Santa spin

Friday lunch time was hot Santa spin - and that's because the instructor got hot while spinning in a Santa costume.  Not for any other reason. 




Iced latte fun

I did get away for a coffee catch up with someone from work - he can't make the team lunch this week.  Machete - such a good iced coffee.

Anyway, Toby and I had a burger in the park on Friday evening, waiting for Mike to get home.  He actually ordered the burgers and made us walk down to collect them, with the idea that he would get back in time to join us.  Nope.  We were well home by the time Mike got back.

Next morning we were up and packing for our weekend.  Mike had a tramp planned so stayed at home.  Toby and I drove to Sally and Andrew's place then followed them to Paekakariki for brekkie at the Perching Parrot.  Good food (no iced coffee).  Next stop - Palmerston North.  Toby and I checked into the Copthorne and dropped our bags off before collecting Sally and Andrew from their accommodation and picking up a few things from the supermarket.  As we checked in, the chap said they had upgraded our room for us.  "Thank you", I said.

As we opened the room, I realised by upgrade they meant "you no longer have twin beds, but a giant king sized bed and I hope you and your teenage son enjoy sharing that".  Toby didn't care, and neither did I.  But - how weird. 

Off to the house cooling party.  It was perfect weather and lots of people came and went.  The food was yummy and I chatted to loads of people.  It was also the first time I had seen Andrew's parents since Helen's hip op.  I have been remiss.

I dropped Toby back at our room around 7pm and returned to the party.  Eventually it was time to leave Iona and Col to it.  Iona was on an early ferry back to Blenheim and was looking at a very short sleep by that stage.


Joes Garage iced coffee in Palmerston North

I got back to our room at 10pm and I was seriously asleep in seconds, despite the movie being on that Toby watched.  And the king sized bed was so huge, I don't think anything Toby did had any impact on my sleep.  He told me there was a drunken fight outside our window during the night and he got up to watch it.  I never heard a thing!

Off to Joe's Garage for brekkie the next morning and Col joined us.  Then Toby and I did a bit of shopping before driving back home.

Relaxed at home, making sure the washing machine was kept busy, and then Mike and I popped out for tea and drinks at the Rogue and Vagabond with Jo and Momo.  Nice way to end the weekend.

Just for some variety, it rained overnight.  How weird.

Short week for us.  We're off to Australia this Friday.  Christmas is coming!

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment