Wednesday, December 6, 2017

The Tuesday with our wedding aniversary

Hi,

Well, since I was last here, I seemed to have packed an awful lot in.  Monday evening Toby came to my work and did some Christmas shopping for his mates before we met Mike at the car.  We both got changed into suitable walking gear and joined the car park that is the motorway out of Wellington.

Oh - I did get an iced coffee out of the day though - it was good to catch up with Ed and hear about his Peruvian adventures on the Inca trail. 

Iced latte at Machete

And Ed took a selfie.  He's just like Toby!

Anyway, we may have driven through Maccas on our way out to Paekakariki.  Fortified with food, we started out with quite a few of the punters that joined Janine's evening walk.  Toby hadn't been keen at all - but once he was walking, he loved it so much.

Start of the Paekakariki escarpment track

Dramatic water drinking from Toby

I think we started walking at 6.30pm, and finished by 9pm.  The sun had only just got down by the end of it.  It was such a lot of fun.

Next day was our anniversary day.  25 years together today - and 18 of them married.  Woot!  Worth celebrating.  I had the day off, but Mike could only get a half day off.  I popped into the supermarket to get picnic things and collected Mike from work and headed around to Pencarrow.  We walked in about 1 - 2 km and found a shady patch of beach next to a huge rock. 

Feet on feet!

Reading on the beach - my spot is in the shadow of the huge rock
Tried a selfie on timer, but I just look really awkward

We must have sat there for a few hours, enjoying the lovely weather and peacefulness of it all.  At 4.30pm we decided on a whim to pick up the vanity for the bathroom.  Apparently we weren't getting it delivered when we expected it, as someone came in after Mike ordered it, and said "I am here for my brother Mike, to collect his vanity" and took the one my Mike ordered in.  Hahahah.

We hurtled around the bays at Eastbourne and made it to Plumbing World in time to catch the manager of the store.  He was happy to sell us more stuff - such a nice man. 

From there we hurtled home, dropped off the vanity, towel rail and whatever else was in that other box and then drove back into town.  Mike had made reservations at Hillside in Tinakori Road.

Tiny meringue

OMG - what an amazing place.  I would totally go back there in a second.  I got a vegetarian menu and Mike got their usual one.  And everything I ate was so good.  Eggplant with dried labneh.  Roasted cauliflower with whatever that crunchy stuff was.  It was just incredible.

Mike definitely chose well for our evening meal.

Back home and hauled myself into bed before exhaustion won.

What do you think I will be recording in 25 years time as we celebrate that milestone?  Hahahah.  Fun!

Enjoy your day.

Love,
Angela 


No comments:

Post a Comment