Friday, December 1, 2017

The Thursday with no Mike

Hi,

Well, after a crazy day (I may have had two iced lattes - and been a bit wired by the time I got home), it was good to get home and relax.  Even if there was no Mike.

Iced latte early with Mark



Iced latte late with Celia - and obviously caffeine is making an impact


I went to the supermarket after work and got milk (dire need) and dinner ingredients.  A few non essentials too.  But as I walked to the checkout queue with my brimming basket, an alarm started blaring at the front of the shop.  Weird.  No one seemed alarmed (hahahah - a mother joke).  So I queued, with everyone else.  The busy checkout operators worked as usual, although maybe shouting to be heard over the noise of the alarm more than usual.

As I looked around, I saw people leaving the supermarket in droves from elsewhere in the shop.  Still, nothing at checkout.  Business as usual.  My queue got closer to the checkout.  Then I noticed the self serve people leaving too.

And, eventually, we got told to put our shopping down and leave.  Oh.  It was a fire alarm.  If there was a real fire, I would have burned already.  Hopeless.

As I went to the bus stop, I saw/heard three fire engines descending on the alarm.  Nice.  Got home, and Toby had eaten leftover pizza and was happy anyway.  Good.


No roof!


And the builders had made progress.  No roof over the front door.  Guess that is progress.


Progress


This morning Smudge came into my room with Toby and she climbed up onto the window sill above our bed.  Very weird.
What is Smudge doing?


Today is stunning.  Hope the weekend is as wonderful.  Mike is back late today.  Yay.  Have a brilliant day.

Love,
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment