Monday, June 18, 2018

The weekend in Wellington with a rugby curry party

Hi,


 What a manic weekend!  Such fun though.  Friday night saw pizzas delivered home to keep the boys happy while Mike and I tried to have drinks and catch up with Jon before he moved back to the UK.  Didn't really work out like that.  We did go from Fork and Brewer, to Lovelocks, to Husk.  Saw too many pubs for my liking in one night.  Hahahah.  Food at Husk was good.  And we saw Jon for thirty seconds as he arrived when we were leaving.  Oh!

Saturday saw us up early for Mike's birthday.  He and I went into town for gym sessions (separate ones) and we met up afterwards at Machete.  He got there before me and ordered the iced latte.  But as I walked in, the staff called out to him that he should have said he was with me, because they would have made it as I like it.  So they rushed over with my sugar syrup (I like one sugar).

They also made fun of this date being my real one - with my husband.  And all those other men are my fake dates.  Hahah.  But after I told them it was Mike's birthday, they brought him some cake - with a candle in it.  They are so nice there!


Iced latte with Mike @ Machete

They gave him cake!

Towel shaming fail - for me!

We park behind the Gay Wagon

In the afternoon (1pm) Jase came with us and we went to see Jon at Beach Babylon.  We parked behind Jo's car (her and Jon had got back on Friday from a long South Island road trip) so I took a photo of the Gay Wagon.

Had a great lunch and said goodbye to Jon.  Mike and Jase stayed out and went to a pub with them all (Hop Garden).  I went home to sort out my life.

Jase and me with iced coffee at Beach Babylon

Cooked dahl - although my lentils were a bit too hard even after a lot of cooking.  We all went out to Sreejith and Anjali's house to watch the rugby.  We went house touring - saw Siva and Ebby's house.  Everyone was so gracious and fed us and showed us around their house.  They have all done well for themselves.  It was good to see everyone in a relaxed setting.

All Blacks v France (at Westpac stadium) - bit of a boring game after the French team had someone red carded at 12 minutes in.  But the French played so well after that - the All Blacks never fired up.  But you can't win from that position.

Rugby!

Cake!

Sunday saw us up for Caffiend at Petone where we met Sally and Andrew, and Iona and Col.  Col had been to the rugby in real life - with Shelley. 

Caffiend iced coffee
 We picked up the Subaru from Sreejith's place and I then took Iona and Col to our house quickly to see the garden, and then dropped them at the ferry for their homeward journey.

OMG.  Such a busy weekend.  And next weekend we're off to Ruapehu.  Phew!

This morning I missed yoga (first time in a year - apart from holidays) because our bus developed a fault and we had to get off in Northland and wait for another bus.  That bus was rammed with people after we all got on.  And the new driver was away with the fairies.  He ran through a red light on Willis St and I watched the pedestrian flee for his life from the bus.  The driver realised and slammed his brakes on.  Lurched through the lights and muttered to himself:  "What am I doing?  I am daydreaming".  Fortunately my stop was next.

Back to my bike.  The universe is saying so.  I will listen.

I have also been missing my Cactus black backpack.  For about 2 weeks now.  I have been complaining to Mike about it a fair bit.  Wondering where it was.  Saying it was lost.  But finally last night I realised it was in my wardrobe, under my bike pannier.  Sheepishly I hauled it out and showed Mike.  His expression was positively gleeful at me losing something for a few weeks - because it is usually him doing that.

Thank you to everyone that made my weekend such fun.

Have a fantastic week ahead.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment