Monday, October 29, 2018

The weekend in Wellington with spook fest party for Toby

Hi,

I met Toby at work at 3.30pm and we walked to his citizenship appointment at DIA and completed the formalities to make him a full NZ citizen.  Apparently he should get his certificate in the mail (courier) in three weeks.  Yay!  No need to learn the national anthem or attend a ceremony.

After dropping Mike's sunnies off at the train station so he could drive to Ruapehu in comfort, Toby and I went home.  We chilled before going to bed.

Up to take Toby to the hairdrressers and then grab groceries for spook fest night.  Around 3pm his mates started arriving.  I think we had 7 teenagers in total at one point.  I ordered Indian takeaways for them, and they all walked up to get it.  They also all got wet and had to change clothes when they got back and use the dehumidifer.

(Mike mentioned he got another migraine while up at the mountain.  Doh!  Mind you, I also got a text from him at 1am saying he was dancing.  Hmmmm)

Iced coffee with Rex and Jo @ Little Peckish

Iced latte with Andrew

Toby's photo

My Halloween costume - not really

I managed to sleep through the loud lounge noises and woke up for my brekkie date with Momo to say goodbye to him.  Jase came with me and we went to Seashore Caberet.  Jase and I only waited about 15 mins before securing a table.  Momo arrived and we enjoyed a brekkie - hearing about his Aussie adventures.

We dropped him off at Whites Line West (yes, indeed!) and said our goodbyes.  We need to visit him in Glasgow now.

Jase and I went back home to find everyone gone and Toby cleaning up.  He'd filled one yellow garbage bag and was luxing.  OMG.  Amazing.  I helped him tidy.

South Coast on Sunday

Seashore Caberet with Momo and Jase

The Bach with Phil


Then it was time for me to find Phil in Johnsonville and take him to a cafe and the airport.  He was up for some computer hackathon thing.  And remembered I owed him a coffee date.  Hahahah.  It was great to see him.  His new job is going fine.

We had an iced coffee at The Bach - which might be called something else now.  But it was still good.

And as we pulled out of the car park, my brain noticed the airforce grey plane coming in to land.  I was going to mention it, but got distracted by our conversation.  But, as we neared the airport, we noticed police closing the streets along the main coast road.  And I realised it was Harry and Meghan landing.  Going past the end of the runway on the airforce side, we could see the steps from the plane and the officials all lined up.  Not sure if the royals had just come down the stairs, or were about to - but I waved anyway.

Phil got to his flight in good time and I headed home, back along the coast road.  Harry and Meghan's journey meant road closures all into town.  Best avoided.

Moxley joed out on the bed

Collected Mike from the train station at a very civilised hour and cooked tea for everyone.  Got replacement socks from Mike as a present for my ones on my last legs.  These aren't lying socks.

Well, these must be true if Mike gave them to me.


Busy week ahead.  Well, that's normal.  But it is a full week of work.  Bit daunting.  Wish I was in Australia still. Hahahah.

Enjoy your day.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment