Monday, October 8, 2018

The weekend with saying goodbyes and going to Blenheim

Hi,



What a crazy good weekend.  Friday night saw me and Mike meeting Jo and Momo at Capitol for dinner.  It is one of my favourite places and it didn't fail me this time either.  I had asparagus as an entree and risotto primavera as a main (small) and then their wonderful soft centred chocolate pudding.  Mmmmm.


Pondering Capitol's menu


We went out to Goldings for drinks and met up with a whole bunch of people.  Vanessa came back from Wow to chill with us too.  Jase got in after his work and we all enjoyed a chat and some drinks.  The pub actually closed around us and chucked us out.  It has been a long time since that happened to me.  I seem to recall a time with Karen in some pub in the middle of nowhere.

We took Vanessa home and entered the land of fog when we breached the heady heights of Newlands.  But all good and we were home and in bed by 1am!  Wait, what???  Sigh.


Bresolin iced coffee
 Next morning we were up early and headed in for a big brunch leaving celebration with Momo and Jo.  And all their friends.  Woot!  I had some yummy eggplant thing in a tomato sauce that had eggs poached in it.  With haloumi.

Bresolin!

I caught an Uber to the airport at 11.15am and checked into my SoundsAir flight super easy.  Got on at 12:05 and had a lovely flight across to Blenheim.  Landed at 12.35pm and met Col and Iona and went back to their place to chill.

In Marlborough!
 Iona and I rode bikes over to the Mega Mitre10 and bought some cord to re-thread Iona's Roman blind.  That was a pleasant excursion and I got used to her two bikes.  She must be a bit taller than me as the seat height was just a little too high.  After we got back we adjusted her commuter bike to suit me for the big bike ride on Sunday.

I may have snoozed a bit on the floor with the television on. Then it was dinner time.  Stir fry with noodles.   And I wasn't too long out of bed.

Sunday I was up early (not quite as early as Col - she knocked on my door and I could not drag myself out of bed for another 20 mins!) to watch the All Blacks versus Springboks in Lotus Stadium in SA.  What a game!  I was sure NZ was going to get hammered at one point and lose by a massive margin.  But they clawed back a win in the last 5 minutes.  Scored two tries.  Wow!

Picnic table outside the substation

Tree ferns and the turquoise sea

Beautiful views

Iced coffee @ Seabreeze Cafe in Picton

Then Iona and I were off on our bikes.  We got away at 8am.  Rode down SH62 to SH6 to Havelock.  Up the road from there to Picton (along Queen Charlotte Drive).  Had a lovely stop in Picton (iced coffee - solid 7) and then the last wee push to Blenheim down SH1.

I forgot to put sunscreen on so my nose is a little bright now.  Hahah.  We got home around 2:30pm.  Such a good time.  I may have also had a snooze in a patch of sunshine that afternoon too.  When I woke, it was time for tea!  Tacos with quorn.  Mmmm.

Into bed fairly early and up at 5.15 to have toast with Iona while Col walked Frida.  Iona dropped me at the airport at 5.55am and we chatted before she headed away to start her working week.

My commute to work was stunning!

My morning commute on Monday
At work and happy with the bike ride.  Well, happy I did one.  Pretty sure I should have done heaps better.

Let's see how many more I can fit into my remaining training regime.

Have a wonderful week.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment