Monday, August 26, 2019

The weekend in Wellington with sari fitting

Hi,

Mike got away with the van and entered the north-bound car park (erroneously called State Highway 1) shortly after 5pm.  I got a text from Celia indicating his safe arrival at the lodge while I was fast asleep.

Up Saturday to tackle some housework ahead of a trip to Anjali and Sreejith's house for trying on the sari.  Anjali took me to an Indian shop and I found some pickle and spices, along with a petticoat and blouse for under the sari.

Back to Anjali's house to try it on.  5m of fabric, tucked in with pleats and a safety pin seemed to do the trick.

Wow!

Anjali works some magic

Anamika dresses up to join me

Perhaps I can pull off wearing this to the festival next weekend after all.  Sreejith kindly took me around to see Ebby and Deepa and meet wee Ethan.

Hello wee Ethan


OMG - talk about gorgeous.  He is so cute.  Deepa's parents are over to help out.  Which is good as Ethan is preoccupied with eating and sleep is a secondary thing.

And happy birthday Ron

Sunday saw a lazy morning for me.  Toby got through a lot of study for the weekend.  Yay.  He discovered a VPN that lets me watch American soccer.  Yay for Toby.  He set up the Echo Dot int he bathroom and set them to use his account.

I think I have outsourced my IT support.

Went to the Thai place in Tawa and had birthday dinner with Ron, Helen and the extended whanau.  Caught up with Vivienne and John - not seen them for a wee while.

Back to Ron and Helen's house for cake and tea.  And then off to Melling to collect Mike from his weekend adventure.

They had blizzards.

Toby has mock exams this week.  So wish him well.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment