Monday, August 19, 2019

The weekend with the Forbes family visiting

Hi,

The weekend was a good one - fairly chill.  I made it my mission to relax and try and shake off this silly thing.

Mainly worked.  Oosshh!

Happy iced latte time

Sad about something - last day with Victor for a while...


Caught up with Victor for our last iced latte together while we were nominally in the same team and before his 10 week holiday.

Ten weeks?  There are some of us that believe he will be begging to come back well before then.  Hahahah.  I reckon Susan will plan out his holiday and he'll be back when she's good and ready for it. 

:-p

Two at once?  OMG.  New caffeine addiction levels?

Went out to find Iona on Friday after work.  She sent me an unexpected message that she was at Te Papa.  Limited time only.  So I packed up at work and raced down there.  Only to end up on some weird treasure hunt.  The prize being at least a hug from Iona if I found her.  Not a bad carrot.

Got to Te Papa bang on 4.30pm.  Saw loads of weaver types leaving in droves.  Not looking too good for catching that demo then.  Must have finished.  Wandered around Te Papa trying to find her.

Got a text update.  With some people outside Dragon on Tory. 

Yep - I know where that is.  Raced out of Te Papa.  Up Tory.  Another text update.  At Poquito.  Ooohh - I know where that is too.

Found her.  Got my hug.  And ended up meeting her weaving mates and having a drink.  Lured Andrew there too.  Mike had to go home for Toby duties.

Andrew and I ended up crashing their dinner at Dragon.  Hope that was ok.  It was for us.  :-)  Yum.

Took me a while to catch a bus home.  But found my boys watching Robocop when I did get home. 

Saturday saw me in bed for a while.  Mike went to the group PT session and worked on his glutes. 

Saturday evening saw the Forbes family come to visit.  And watch the rugby.  Had our now-traditional curry night.  Mmmmm.  Ellen, Alex and Aidan wanted to head home (to the James Cook) after tea, so Theresa took them home.

Just Dance - Toby and Ellen.

Moxley chilling on Richard's lap

Richard watched the rugby to the end (even with my shouting).  NZ 36 - 0 Aus.  Bledisloe stays in NZ for another year. 

Chatted for ages before I drove Richard back to town.  Home by midnight.  But stupidly read until 1.30am.

Panhead cafe near Joe's Garage - pretty good!

Met the Forbes for lunch - a new brewery.  Panhead one.  Corner of Wakefield and Tory.  Had a good iced latte.  Well done!  Decent poached eggs too.

Back home to sort out a few things for the week ahead.  Toby made lemon cake.  And it was scrumptious.

Sally is in Adelaide for work this week.  Wow, she should enjoy that for a change of scenery.

Date night this week.  Yes!

Have a great week.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment