Monday, November 23, 2020

The week with Toby exams and a weekend in Nelson

 Hi,

What a week.  In the best news ever - Toby found out on Friday that he has enough credits to pass Y13 NCEA.  Yay for him - good work, my son!

But before he got that good news, he did sit 2 exams in the first week.  Stats and History.  Hopefully he has done okay on those - he seemed to be happy enough after them.  His last exam is Sociology on Nov 30.

Last weekend I had an AFL game.  Got a goal!  It was basically an assist through the goal posts.  But it counted as my goal.  Oosshh.

I took home the guernseys for washing.  I chose the best day for it as the drying weather was amazing.

Did the team washing last weekend

Picked the best washing weather!

Boot camp

Boot camp

I have calf muscles

Who is the dork dabbing in the back?

Monday saw me at home to support Toby in his studies.  This consisted of making dinners, lunches and snacks and checking he was studying.  Tessa was here most days, also studying and keeping Toby on track.

Moxley under the duvet with me

Tuesday evening I went to AFL training.  We played a cool game at the end, but ten mins from the end of training, I used my nose as a defensive tactic to stop another player's chest.  My nose didn't win.  I fell to the ground like a wee sack of potatoes.

After realising what had happened, I checked the other player wasn't clutching at a cavity in her chest (because surely I must have carved a hole in her if my nose was that sore!) and she looked at me and asked the same thing and then said:  Oh, your nose is bleeding.

Oops.

I sat out the last 10 mins, using a big bundle of tissues from my bag to staunch the blood.  In good news, I clot really well.

But as I type this, a full week later, my nose is still tender when I have to blow it.  Ouch.  :-)  

Friday I went into town to meet Andrew for an iced latte at Vic Books by the train station.  Alistair (cousin) was there and Mike joined us from his Beervana pre loading.

Catch up with Andrew, Alistair and Mike

Moxley claims her human

Saturday saw Mike up early to take me to the airport for my weekend away in Nelson to watch the Black Ferns play the Barbarians.  Angie tagged along - which was great for getting to know her more.

Airport iced latte

Pomeroys iced latte in Nelson

Angie came to Nelson to watch the rugby with me

A perfect rose in the botanic gardens

We headed to the market and bought a few things then managed to check in early to our room. We stayed at Midcity Lodge and although old and dated, the room was huge and clean.  We had a motel unit but they were light on mugs.  One.  Hahahah.

Left our bags there and walked to the gardens and the centre of NZ before lunch at the Suter gallery.  Great cafe there!

Centre of NZ

Angie explores the cathedral

Also wandered around the cathedral too.  The outside looks purely functional - but the inside is lovely.  One of the stained glass windows has a lovely kowhai in it.  Might have been my fave.

Kowhai and tui in the glass windows.




So many iced lattes - Suter gallery

I am iced latte nuts

Just in case 30 cases of food poisoning occur, I am ready for a call up at the Black Ferns match

Around 3.45 pm we headed to Trafalgar Park in warm conditions when rain was forecast for 5pm.  Never saw any rain.  T-shirt weather all the way.

Stood right next to the forwards practising ahead of the match.  

It was one of the best games of rugby I have seen.  We were in aisle 3, row G and close to the 22.  But the game was so evenly matched, we saw a lot of play down our end.

Black Ferns narrowly won by 2 points (19 - 17) but it could have easily gone to the Barbarians.

Training before the game

I see the ball!

We left after that game and headed into town to see at Lombardis.  Great Italian food.  And chatted away for ages before heading back to the motel room.

Sunday walk

Up for brekkie at Devilles where some Black Ferns also came for brekkie. Great food and iced latte as usual.   As we left, Angie congratulated the players on a fine result yesterday.  :-)

We walked up behind the cathedral to the top of the immediate hill - they call these hills the Grampians.  But not sure they remind me of the British or Victorian ones, tbh.


Apparently we're in the Grampians.  

Gorgeous morning for a walk

Scratches gained while bush bashing

But the weather was great and the walk was worth it.

Back for a Tank juice and then a coffee and cake before a taxi to the airport.

Arrow Rock - or as it is known in our house - Skull Island.

Flight home was quick and easy.

On the plane

Mike picked me up and we went home via New World (except it was full so we went to Countdown).  Home for tea and then bed.

Up for boxing this morning and working from home for the start of the working week.  Tessa has her last exam tomorrow (Bio).

Take care.

Love, Angela

Mike's COVID log because Google Timeline didn't log properly:

Fri 20 Nov - Beervana:

  • Bus into town no 13 7:30
  • Leuven 8am-10am
  • Dillinger's briefly
  • Vic books 10:30-11:00
  • Beervana 11:00-16:00
  • Molly's tacos 16:30-18:00
  • Honey badger 18:00-19:00
  • Uber home 19:12-19:30

Sat 21 Nov - QBPT Personal Trainer's Christmas celebration:

  • Airport 8:00-9:00
  • BP by te papa 9:30 (for that sweet sweet 98 octane petrol)
  • Home
  • Bus no 22 11:30-11:50
  • Karaka 12:00-14:00
  • Arborist 14:00-15:30
  • Birdcage 15:30-16:30
  • El barrio 16:30-18:00
  • Hanging Ditch 18:00-21:00
  • Uber home 21:32-21:45
In those two days he undid three weeks of faithful steady weight loss. Oh well. It was worth it he says. Hmm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment