Monday, November 9, 2020

The weekend with no boot camp or AFL

 Hi,

Friday evening saw me meeting Elly and her friend Nicole at the Gryphon theatre to see a play.  Ophelia thinks harder.  Based on Hamlet but from the perspective of Ophelia - and all about the repression of women.  It was so good.  I need to attend more plays.  It was so well done.

I ended up with a fairly lazy weekend after it all.  Saturday morning I listened to Mike when he said we could skip boot camp and go to watch the lifting comp at Viking Brothers far earlier.  My guilt remains!



Friday went like this: Meeting time

Meeting time

Growling from Smudge

Flax season - the tui love it

Intermission at "Ophelia thinks harder"


So Mike and I headed to Viking Brothers in Petone and got there just after 10am.  We saw Courtney lifting and she was amazing.  She probably barely weighs 50kg and yet she lifted 127.5 in the deadlift section.  Wow!

Quentin was on after the lunch break.  Started around 1pm in the second flight of men lifting.  He did so well despite his injury into the comp (his hip is dodgy).

Quentin's squat

Quentin's bench!

I spent a lot of time yelling encouragement to all the competitors - but especially Courtney and Quentin.  Courtney came second and Quentin was 5th place - competing against at least one NZ rep.  Though it's the sort of event that you're really competing against yourself, not each other.

So, so good.

Saw Chloe and Hayden there - as well as many of Quentin's other clients.  A PT called Amber had a few of her clients competing in Courtney's flight.  Some on a par with what I could lift.  So awesome to see women pushing for goals like this.

Went out to get some lunch at Caffiend during a break.

Caffiend iced coffee

More lifting then the final photos before Mike and I headed home for the evening.

Sunday morning it pelted down rain and it was no surprise to discover AFL was cancelled.  The ground had ponding surface water.  Yeah - not good for the bounce of the footy.  Or your footing.

So I did a little housework and Mike did some hammering in the basement.  :-p   He was fitting more underfloor insulation, and measuring out what we need to finish the job. 

Then we tidied the garage - well - Mike did.  I went boxing.

My wrapping - seemed to work

Action shot from boxing at home

B&W pic from Google deciding that was needed

Mike disappeared at one point to buy more basement insulation and then he tidied the garage a bit more and test drove Sally's motor mower on the neighbour's verge (he's trying to sell it for her).  I kept boxing. 

The southerly was well and truly here.  Tessa came over and stayed the night. Someone came and bought the mower and I got showered with banknotes (well, not very many and small denominations) as I lay on the couch reading.


Trying to read when the cat decides my chest is the best spot in the house

She's so cute!

All 3 of them went grocery shopping while I chilled out at home.  Fell into a good sleep and up for PT with Quentin.

Diwali at work today.  Let's see how that goes.  I have my sari with me - any excuse to wear it.  :-)

Take care.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment