Friday, February 5, 2021

The Thursday with dragon boat training and Toby leaving

 Hi,

Busy day at work with the weather slightly cooler than it has been.  Dragon  boat training after work in a decent southerly chop.  But the water is still beautifully warm.  Hard yakka but lucky to have Mike collect me from training and whisk me home.

Whereupon I learned that Toby had left home already.  I thought it was Friday that happened.  But - no.  He is gone.  Said goodbye to the cats (Moxley looked forlornly out the door at him).  Mike took a pic for posterity.


Packed up and ready to go

Toby was well gone by the time I got home.  We moved the last of his packed up stuff into the loft - waiting for a day in the future when he collects it and unpacks it and goes:  why did I box that up?

Been there - done that.  Sorry to the mothers reading this for that.  Sins of the fathers and all that.  :-p   We're now reaping what we sowed back in our 20s.  Right?  Hahahah.

Boxes up to the loft

Boxes in the loft

I made dinner.  And we sat around looking at each other.  Cats pottered around, looking at each other.  Our new normal.

Have a lot of fun, Toby.  You'll be amazing.

Oh - and see you on Saturday.  :-)

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment