Monday, February 1, 2021

The last weekend in Wellington with Toby living with us

 Hi,

Well, I am undecided about things happening.  Am I well or am I a bit sick?  No idea really.  We did dragon boat training on Friday night because the Thursday night was cancelled.  And I have never got so many bruises from a session - ever!  Something was not working.  Wrist, shin, elbow, upper foot - and a wee tweak in my right side of my back.

Not happy.

The Friday started well though as I caught up with James G and Celia for brekkie at Little Peckish.  Ed had car issues so couldn't make it.  Good to see both of them - they both recently had their 40th birthdays.  So cute.  I can't remember back that far.  :-p

Iced latte at Little Peckish

Anyway.  Up Saturday for the first boot camp for 2021.  That was tough work.  Hahah.  Quentin was in his best clothes for a stag do.  (Note:  my PT session with him on Monday morning showed he was still recovering from the excesses!)


Home made iced latte with Toby

Brekkie Saturday at home

Pinned

Mike and I went to Porirua Mega Centre for a few things and used a courtesy trailer to get a sleeper or two back to our house.  He then cut up a sleeper and used that and some older ones we had from years back to build steps.

Watching Mike use the Skilsaw to cut through sleepers

It worked!

He was surprised the skilsaw got through the sleepers without much of a hassle.  The smell of creosote was in the air (and on my hands) for a while.

Smudge pins me - and she is covered in catnip

Best BBQ weather!

Sunday we had a BBQ for tea.  Tessa was over.  And Andrew just landed in Wellington from his weekend away with Sally in Napier.  So I popped into town and collected him for an impromptu BBQ with us.

David (Tessa's dad) also popped in.  So we nattered away for a bit before Toby went with them both to the botanic gardens for a summer event.

Whereupon Janine spotted them both and took a photo for us!  Hahah.

Slept well (ish) and up for an online PT session with sleepy Quentin.

Dragon boating after work today.  Lovely evening for it.

Love,

Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment