Thursday, February 4, 2021

The Wednesday with an unexpected lunch with Peter

 Hi,

Iona has ended up with scratches from her trapline bush bashing at the weekend so I chronicled my dragon boat bruises from last Friday.  Mine are all fading glory now.

Chronicled my bruises for Iona

This is a good one. Tiny, but impactful

I can't even see this one anymore - and there is one under my shoe

I got away for a work meeting with Juliet to Mojo for an iced latte.  Woot!

Mojo with Juliet

At lunch I hurtled up to Cafe Vanilla and met Mike, Andrew and in a huge surprise, Peter.  Peter is riding the length of New Zealand and is in Wellington after 1500km and just on halfway.  Very convenient for both our islands to be the same length.

He was off on the 1.30pm ferry crossing and meeting Iona on the other side of the Strait.

Cafe Vanilla with Mike, Andrew and Peter

Andrew surveys his iced latte and wonders at that syrupy layer at the bottom

Our iced latte had some syrupy sweetness at the bottom.  Not good.  But I do like this cafe.  It does great trade with constant foot traffic.  But I wonder if they will forego the syrup next time?

Mike went out for drinks with some old work colleagues.  I headed home and found the house empty.  Fed the cats and myself and chilled until Mike was on his way home.  The evening was so lovely he walked from the shops so I went to meet him.

Another glorious evening

Today was boxing day at the gym with Quentin.  Hard work.  But great fun.  Weather has turned a bit cloudy.  Supposed to be a southerly change today too.  Last night a sinkhole opened up outside TSB arena.  Well, more like a pothole really.  30cm across.  But deep.  Unlike a pothole.  Created traffic havoc.

It's all exciting fun in Wellington.

Take care.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment