Wednesday, February 24, 2021

The Tuesday with birthday dinner and a movie

 Hi,

My Tuesday was so fine - mainly because I caught up with Celia.  But let me retell the events leading up to that.

Went for a walk at lunchtime with Mike and renewed our DoC backcountry hut passes.  Yay.  

Lunch time walk to Andrew's old workplace

That was it.  Not a lot apart from work happened.  But - after work I walked to Celia's workplace and she came and got me when I was almost there and whisked me away to Empire in Island Bay.

Movie night with one of the best humans on this planet

I got presents and dinner and a movie.  If I think about it, it makes me a bit teary.  Celia is one of the loveliest people I know.  I am a lucky person to know her.

She made a hand painted rock for me.  And it is brilliant.  And I got a cucumber from her garden.  It was all I could do to stop myself taking a bite there and then - because fresh from the garden is so, so good.

We had dinner at the cinema.  I had risotto and it was pretty good.  I also got a coffee ice cream.  Mmmm.

And that best human knows me so well.  I got a present made for me - and it suits perfectly

Celia dropped me home and I enjoyed the house to myself before Mike got home from presenting on the Paparoa walk.  He said it went well.

Slept well and up for a bus in with Mike.

Okay - note:  never take a selfie before you've looked in the mirror

Better.  At least my hair is vaguely under control

Busy day today.  And gym with Quentin after work as my present from him.  Choice.  I love that my birthday is getting spread out across the month.

We also heard from Toby.  He is loving the lectures and commented that the reading he has been assigned is fascinating and he is getting stuck in.

I think my boy is all grown up.

Have a great day.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment