Friday, May 27, 2022

The Thursday with my pining nearly over

Not long now! Angela is back on Saturday. I can't wait.

I am, er, going away for the weekend on Survivor Night which was locked in months ago. But oh well.

Maybe extreme conditions such as light drizzle will mean we have to cancel.

I made it to the gym in the morning and did deadlifts for the first time in forever. It felt good! Remedial work to do. And Callan took me on a lunchtime run which was also my first run since the half marathon. That felt good too. We talked about how I could get my next time down. Progress work to do!

First run for ages

Sausages on bread with broccoli for dinner. You can't tell me what to do!

There are a pair of kārearea - New Zealand Falcons - hanging about our neighbourhood right now. This morning one came down to visit us. Amazing bird.

I didn't have my phone - but my neighbour took a photo of them on her deck earlier

Then a similar sized kākā came down to check out the excitement. Smudge was on the deck and loving it. Not quite sure why she was having so much fun. She certainly wasn't thinking about taking either bird on! But she was happy to hang out with them. Maybe she was as enthralled as I was.

I did get a photo of the kākā

Now, back to the music videos. Here is a bloke on Twitch called Frank Tedesco, breaking down songs he's never heard before live, and improvising his own version in real time. I wonder what song he will do today?

It's a fascinating process (and there are chapters in the description so you can skip around). I think I'll see what other videos he has. Oh wow, he's mixing and looping and doing AMAZING THINGS. He reminds me of the 8-bit drummer. They should do a collaboration!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMgvaDmVrXE

No comments:

Post a Comment