Wednesday, May 25, 2022

The Tuesday pining with Momo

A work from work day today. Everything went more or less like clockwork this morning. Except I missed my bus because Angela had a parcel delivered and I was faffing about trying to put it inside.

In the evening, Momo pinged me to let me know he was in town, from Scotland, after over two years away. It was so good to catch up with him.


And in an "only in Wellington" story it turns out he's staying 3 doors up from Sally and Andrew.

I invited him around for brunch after Parkrun.

Remember I spent last night going down Eurovision rabbitholes? Well. I must share this piece of Eurovision karma that I found. You could not write this script.

First, here is a young, cocky Cornelia Jakobs getting taken down a peg or two by the judges on Swedish Idol 2008.

Note the judge on the left, in the cap. 

And here, many years later, is that same judge. Finishing second, at Melodifestivalen 2022. To Cornelia Jakobs. And losing the Sweden Eurovision slot to her. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OWTf8aVUhY

The rest is (recent) history.

Do watch that second video (skip the first 60 sec of buildup if you must) because the reactions are so pure and delightful. It's all in Swedish but that makes it even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment