Monday, May 30, 2022

The weekend back in Wellington

 Hi,

I am back in Wellington.  Woke up Sunday morning on the Queensland timezone.  Mike got home early from survivor night and brought me brekkie in bed!

Mike has stocked up for me

I washed it down with one of the Lewis Road iced coffees he had stocked up with in our fridge.  I also have a lovely bouquet of flowers on the dining table.  I think he missed me.  :-)

I missed him.

And left me some gorgeous flowers

And all I got him was some awful whiskey

When he got home Sunday morning, he got me brekkie in bed

After brekkie, we opened the SUP board.  It is huge!  Can't wait to give it a go.  Might not happen unless we get a calm winter morning and I can fit into my wetsuit.  Hahahah.

The SUP was delivered so I opened that


Headed out to drop old ski gear for the TTC ski gear sale.  Then did a trailer trip with Sally and Andrew's garden waste and a bit of stuff from our place.

Back home to cook some tea.   After grocery shopping at New World.  I made the mushroom soup my mother had made while I was visiting.  It was good.

Made mushroom soup for Sunday tea

Went to bed and had a fitful sleep.  Turns out I have a bit of a blocked nose and a scratchy throat.  Might just be Wellington.  But I am playing it safe and staying home today.

I will blog about my trip to Aus soon.  I made notes.  Hahahah.  And I didn't do anything terribly touristy - it was basically to visit my parents.  So it should be short and sweet to knock out.

I have read some of Mike's blog entries - and I need to up my game.  He has been keeping it fresh with his funny insights.  I am become boring and routine.  Hahahah.

Have a wonderful day.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment