Friday, October 27, 2023

The Thursday with Mike feeling better and a spooky movie at work

 Hi,

Mike is getting better - but still coughs if he has to move about or change positions of his body. You know what I mean. Starts a coughing bout.

I caught up with Roanne yesterday for a brekkie. Went to Ugly Bagels and it has been some time since I went there. Experience previously suggested they put a default shot of maple in, unless you ask for a straight up iced latte with no shot of whatever. (Some places they put in caramel - this one puts in maple).

Anyway, they decided what I wanted was cold milk with ice.

Like - what?

So, I laughed and said could you just add a shot of coffee.

But the person that took my order decided that I was wrong. And clarified how I should have ordered it by saying it across the counter to my seat. "Next time, order an iced latte!". So, I said back that I wanted an iced latte and that was what I asked for - with no shot of anything sweet.

Then I got up, walked over to the counter and suggested perhaps she doesn't tell customers they are wrong across the shop next time.

And, maybe it will be more than 6 months before I bother going back. I will wait for their staff to turn over - because they have had excellent staff previously. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with their iced lattes - if you remember to ask for no shot of maple.

Iced latte with Roanne

It was good to catch up with Roanne though. She has had a year of huge upheaval with her parents. But she seems so resilient. I do enjoy her company.

Pearl - spooky movie night with Flick

After work, the sister company of ours, Flick (yes, the one where Matt went!!) held a spooky movie night with snacks and soft drinks. So I tootled along with Felix.

But, it was only the two of us from our work. And about 6 or 7 from Flick. We introduced ourselves and then started the movie.

Pearl.

I sent a quick message to Toby - what on earth will Pearl be like?

He sent back: that is a fun wee movie. Not sure why anyone would show it at work.

Red flag right there. The scenes with naked people and s#x made for uncomfortable colleagues shifting around in their seats.

Anyway, I got a bit yucked out by burnt people and pitchforks through (very short term) boyfriend's chests. So I fled.

Mike came in to get me because it was fierce winds. Threw my bike in the back and headed home. He cooked tea for me. Then off to bed.

Had a restless sleep. Up to ride in for a session with Quentin. Then a morning meeting at work. And done.

Trapline tomorrow. If people are ok for it.

Sunday is the men's rugby world cup final. Go All Blacks!

Have a great weekend.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment