Monday, October 2, 2023

The weekend with WoW

 Hi,

What a great weekend. Well, the weather on Saturday wasn't so good. But Sunday came out okay on the weather front. Monday sees a return to wind and rain though.

Let's see - what did we do?

Friday bench session 35kg

Friday I went to the gym and benched on my own. Not too shabby. Then went from there to my haircut. Saw Jolene and she tamed my messy hair.


Smudge lying in wait - very unusual

Feet waiting for my haircut

Met Mike as my haircut finished up and we walked back to the car and drove to Sarah, Hamish and Ryan's place to have pizza.

Up early Saturday for another volunteer day at Park Run. Thought it might be better than last week, but... no. About 20 mins in, it started tipping down. Lucky I had my overtrousers on. But even so, we got drenched and cold. So much so that we decided (again - like last weekend) to just go straight home and get into the bath!

Which we did. And thaw out once more.

Cold Park Run volunteer day

At 4.30pm, Sally and Andrew collected me for WoW. World of Wearable art. We met Alistair and Vicky - and two friends of theirs (Jillan and John, I think) - at Shed 5 for a WoW dinner. I also had a last minute request for glue to fix Alistair's shoe. So once everyone arrived at Shed 5, I whisked Alistair away to work to use our hot glue gun and try to get his shoe fixed.

Eventually it seemed to adhere ok. 

Dinner was delicious. I had mushroom gyoza and a chocolate dessert - for $75. Yum!

Off to WoW at TSB just after 7pm. And into our excellent seats at 7.10pm. We watched some warm up entertainment and I spotted Erin and Pippa up on the other side.

Waiting for WoW to start

Here we go!

Nice staging

Awesome warm up

Yep - that's cool

Then it all started at 7.30pm. No phones allowed. But what a great show. A futuristic theme - Mars was a destination. And such slick staging. Wow was right.

Got dropped off home at 9.30pm and off to sleep. Lazier start on Sunday. Then met Sally at the gym in Lower Hutt and did bench and deads with her and Mike.

Sunday bench

Lift!

And a close up - ta Mike!

Iced latte at convention centre cafe

Breakfast at the convention centre cafe (what is the name of that place?) was good. Andrew came up from home for it to join us. We chatted for a bit. Did a little life admin (our flat meeting - hahahah) and then off home.

Kowhai in bloom

Cooking chickpea coconut curry

Finished product

Mike and the cats

Cats cuddling

I cooked tea - chickpea coconut curry. It was ok. Would cook again. The cats cuddled up next to Mike - and even when we left to go downstairs, they continued to cuddle on the couch. Awwww.

Mike got some more life admin done. And then bed.

Up for a Monday WFH for me. Mike went to the gym. And what a cold, windy day it is.

Have a wonderful week.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment