Wednesday, October 11, 2023

The Tuesday with working from home with a cold

 Hi,

Okay, so my cold is not getting much better at this stage. Oh well. Mike is feeling okay though. Yay!



Moxley inserts herself into every meeting

She is so relaxed

Moxley is so funny. She was getting hungry and started hanging around Mike (when he is here, I do not get a look in!) and ended up draped over his chair.

After work, I made tea and then decided to make this dessert Iona told me about. Turns out when she said, lump of pineapple, I heard Pineapple Lump. So my dessert was really odd. She laughed when I sent a pic and asked if I was making food irony.

So, you bake gingernuts in the oven for 5 mins to soften them up - in a muffin pan. Upside down. Then when they come out and they are soft, you press a spoon into the middle and make a wee basket. Let them cool and harden. The squirt cream and put a pineapple lump in the middle.

I made a dessert

Ok. So, it was delicious. But very hard to eat. Mike had no issue because his mouth is way bigger than mine. But I had to push the whole thing in and then struggle to chew with this wodge of food in my mouth. Not sure it was comical at all - probably more like slightly gross.

But there was no nibbling possible because it was biscuit, cream and a hard pineapple lump. All slightly incongruous.

It was... quite delicious but not really easy to eat

But as I said, when I showed Iona a pic, she fell about laughing. I could tell this, even through text exchanges.

Anyway. Off to bed. Then up for a 30 min session with Quentin. But my cold is not getting better yet. Gah! Stupid cough (but it does not keep me up at night - yay!) and maybe a bit of sinus action. My throat is also worse.

Sigh.

I have cancelled my Meet up thing I was going to tonight. I will stay home and go to bed nice and early.

Have a great day!

Love,

Angela

1 comment:

  1. I reckon put the pineapple lump in first, then a brief zap in the microwave to soften/melt it like a smore. Then cream on top. LET'S TRY IT.

    ReplyDelete