Friday, July 17, 2026

The Thursday with Guy Williams and dinner out with new firiends

 Hi,

Okay - turns out I took no pics to prove this post title. Hahahah. I did get a few pics of Smudge eating her dinner - here you go.

Smudge eats her shredded chicken

Mike enters the tramping club room

I drove into town after work and parked outside PB tech to head to the tramping clubroom to meet Mike for Guy Williams. He's a comedian we were introduced to at Christmas in Chc at Steph and Sam's place. So we bought tickets a few weeks back and here we were - rocking up for it.

As we approached the venue, we bumped into Zoe from work and her partner (and Zoe's sister and her partner) also going to the same event.

I have not seen the chairs all laid out in that hall for any tramping event - not even Mike's awesome presentations. :-)  But it filled up completely.

The show was good - I was entertained. He was a one-man act (apart from his girlfriend greeting on the door and generally helping) and went on an hour ramble. But I found it mostly very funny. Some jokes maybe didn't land - I would like to know if the second showing right after ours got any of that material or not. His main thrust was how do we vote out this government - you do have to know your audience and Wellington comedy goers are probably exactly where Guy thinks they are. Thank you Guy for putting yourself out there and entertaining us.

Zoe and her crowd were also off to dinner afterwards (with no reservation like us) and tried Hide Out. But there was a 30 min wait there. So we wanted to Mr Go's and got a table for 6 straight away. I do like this place. 

It was great to talk to Zoe and her friends. What great conversations we had. Awesome. I almost didn't want to go home as soon as we finished eating. In fact - I was not the first to make a move. 

We walked back to the car and headed home. Lucky I had fed the cats before I left. Mike packed for his trip down south and we tucked into bed.

He was up at 4:45am. Uber came at 5.15am and I know now he has landed in Chc and Toby and Tessa have safely picked him up.

Meanwhile, I have work. Shocking still for a Friday. Will try a run at lunch time. It is a nice looking day here. Parkrun tomorrow. Rugby with Elly in Upper Hutt again - Maureen and Lisa have expressed an interest in coming. Trap line Sunday. And dinner with Kara Sunday night. Busy.

My parents are having fun exploring the east coast of Canada now. Their pics look amazing. Good on them.

Have a great weekend. Go Spain!

Love,

Angela







No comments:

Post a Comment