Hi,
What a funny day Wednesday was. Worked from home. Busy. But got away to get my Uber at 2.30pm. AirNZ had said there might be weather delays - but my regional flight to Chc was on time. Yay!
![]() |
| Smudge finds her early morning spot |
![]() |
| Lewis Road for the win |
Found Toby and Tessa in pickup and soon we were in town near Break Free - my accommodation. But we decided to get some dinner and Tessa wanted to try Banh mi. And it was delicious.
![]() |
| Found KaTLa at Chc airport |
![]() |
| Toby and Tessa |
![]() |
| Banh mi for dinner - yum |
![]() |
| My room |
I checked in easily (remembered to have a credit card this time - they could not handle my phone credit card last time) and waited for the concert to start.
The reason I was here in Chc was because Mike and Toby wanted to see Peter Hook and the Light playing. Peter Hook is the bassist from Joy Division and New Order. Not my cup of tea. But I was happy to come for Matariki.
But with Mike sent to Singapore for work, Toby had to find other friends for the concert. However, his main punter pulled out and his next buddy also piked an hour out. I looked at Tessa and she looked at me.
And I decided to go.
We walked there at 6.45pm to the Town Hall. We were there last year for Spacey Jane. I never knew there were different theatres inside the town hall. We were in a similar bit different venue from Spacey Jane.
Toby and I were very early for the 8pm start. We could have been right at the stage - but we hung back a bit to enjoy it all.
![]() |
| Early birds at the Peter Hook and the Light concert |
![]() |
| Let's go! |
![]() |
| Selfie |
![]() |
| Peter Hook |
![]() |
| Halftime water refreshment |
![]() |
| Big song |
Toby was having a great time. He knew a lot of the songs. I am glad we travelled together last year and I heard a podcast series on Joy Division. Gave me background context I guess.
It was good fun. The band are very good and they seem to be living a great life. I know 3 songs. And they came towards the end. In fact - might have been the last 3 songs. I assume their biggest hits.
I am happy I went with Toby. It was good. Didn't get back to my hotel until close to 11pm. Toby walked me back - thank you Toby.
I was asleep when I turned out my light in 5 seconds flat.
![]() |
| Strange bandit iced latte |
Up to Uber to CityFitness for my PT session with Quentin. Ear buds in and him on my phone worked great. He could hear me easily. Did bench. 40kg 4 reps x 4 sets. Then some triceps/biceps.
Off to Strange Bandit for brekkie and now at work.
Hanging with Toby and Tessa for the weekend. Not much planned. Gym. Parkrun. Not much else. A pretty chill time. Mike is back Saturday morning. Yay! Cats will be happy.
Thank you Sally for looking after the cats.
Enjoy your weekend.
Love,
Angela













No comments:
Post a Comment