Thursday, July 2, 2026

The Wednesday with a cold and WFH still

 Hi,


Happy birthday to Andrew and Callan today. Woot! Hope they have a good day.

Still at home - pretty much the same with my cold. Bit of snot. Bit of a cough. Sound croaky. But mostly okay.

Lewis Road at home

After work I decided to try a dinner I saw on Instagram. Sushi sandwiches. Actually - there was no name given to this culinary delight and mine looked decidedly less impressive that the online version I watched.

Sustainable salmon mashed with some mayo. Avocado. Rice. Spinach. Scrambled egg. Layered into squares on two sheets of seaweed. Then rolled up and wrapped in rice paper. Then lightly fried to get it all to seal in.

Made sushi sandwiches

They tasted better than they looked

Mike enjoyed them

Mike said they were delicious. I thought they were also pretty good. The rice paper was the wrong shape that I got here. I had round sheets but it really needed rectangle shape to fold up the whole thing easily.

Baked bread

Baked a sourdough loaf. And Mike is now tasked with taking it into work to give to Callan for his birthday.

Up Thursday morning for an online PT session with me. Quentin said I should just do stretching inside in the warmth. So we did that. Yay. Mike went in for his session in the gym.

Heard from the parents in London after their first cruise. They had their daypacks stolen in their hotel lobby. CCTV caught it all. Classic distract and steal. Mum and Dad have spent a few days sorting that out. But their passports were not in there - so yay for that. They will head off to their next cruise soon. The long one!

Hope your day is a good one. I am back to working Fridays so you get a post tomorrow. Oohhhh.

Love,

Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment