Monday, April 6, 2009

Good morning on Mon, Apr 6

Hi,

Well, needless to say, I was sick on Friday and spent a good part of the weekend spluttering. But Thursday evening was a huge Gilbert day as Toby rode his bike without training wheels for the first time! I could tell he was ready because he can balance really well on his scooter now. So I took his bike to school and picked him up from After School Care and he started scooting the bike around the tar sealed area. Within 5 minutes he was away and pedalling all around. He must have biked for about 45 minutes or so. Mike joined us to watch him.

Friday I was sick. Spent most of the time in bed. I collected Toby at 1500 from school. Toby then proceeded to ring Zoe (girl in his class) and speak to her for about 1.5 hours! They both hopped onto Club Penguin and travelled the virtual Penguin world together.

Saturday Mike took Toby swimming and then to Sally and Andrew's house (Sally had been sick most of the week). Then it was off to Ryan's house for the big Easter Egg hunt. Toby loved it.

Saturday night we went out to Cafe Munich and I had pre-ordered the biggest meal there. Shame I was quite sick and only struggled through about a third of it. My parents loved the food there. We also met up with Michelle and her husband Mark (Michelle works around the corner from me). It was great fun (I sat with a box of tissues and my own plastic bag to collect the used ones!).

Sunday was quiet. We took Toby to ride his bike at school again and he invited Zoe around to play. Zoe came over at the exact time we were supposed to have coffee with neighbours. I was happy to avoid that because of my cold anyway. So I watched over Toby and Zoe as they played together. Toby absolutely loved Zoe's company. He was very attentive (she got one of his Easter Eggs he hunted down the day before as soon as she stepped in the door) and I think she enjoyed it too. He actually made a list of all the activities they would do (TV, Club Penguin, food, play, cookies - I think I saw the list had these things on it).

Early night to bed last night. We're away on Wednesday to the South Island. That should be good fun. Mike might be getting a bit sick. I hope it clears up soon for him.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment