Thursday, April 30, 2009

Good morning on Thurs, Apr 30

Hi,

Well, it is all go in the Gilbert household - however one of my "go" things has gone. I don't have my user group meeting tonight after work. So I'll head home at normal time to get wee Toby (biking hopefully despite the weather) and I'll be ready for table tennis at 1915 with Mum.

Mike on the other hand has more to do than he thought. His release yesterday was rolled back (uh oh) and they have fixed the problem and it is scheduled for this afternoon now. It doesn't have much to do with Mike directly but he knows how everything hangs together and I think he gives everyone confidence as they can turn to him in a panic and Mike can take control. My hero!

We seem to have grabbed less gear for the tramp this weekend that we meant to and we now need to figure out how to get fly poles and a first aid kit (mine and Toby's gear allocation). Mike is contacting the trip leader to determine if we've ended up creating havoc or if it is redeemable somehow. It is going to be a very wet tramp. I'll be surprised if we cross any rivers as the rain has been hard for about 5 days now.

We're also on a budget for the next few pays. The building work and insurance bills have snaffled all our money (Mike's budget is looking dire). So we're living on rice for the next month. Lucky I like rice. Lucky we have a lot of rice.

That's about it. Have a great day. I need a cup of tea.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment